• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Historical Fantasy Draft

ChrisPaul3

Reaction score
Who is your first pick?

I would say Jesus is Adrian Peterson, and Muhammad is Mike Vick. Personally, I like to trade down and grab an Einstein late first and best available early second, but wondering what you guys think.

I know, I know. Trading down is a risky strategy. I had one the other night where I got fucking Isaac Newton round 4 and Charlie Chaplin in round 12. Amateurs.

I ended up with this squad:

Albert Einstein
Moses
Mao
Lindsay Lohan
Charles Lindbergh
Florence Nightingale
Jackie Chan
Marion Barry
Barrabas
The Ultimate Warrior
General Patton
Stevie Nicks

What do you think?

Albert Einstein
Moses
Mao
Lindsay Lohan
Charles Lindbergh
Florence Nightingale
Jackie Chan
Marion Barry
Barrabas
The Ultimate Warrior
General Patton
Stevie Nicks

What do you think?

You will lose to whoever has Chuck Norris - mark it down.

Chuck Norris killed Jared from Subway in our 2007 league and has been banned ever since.

I would have taken Tesla personally. He's my sleeper.

He went early 5th. Truth be told the person I wanted most and missed out on was Amelia Earhart. She is always money in leagues like this. I also usually go after a Dickens or a Twain pretty early, but they went off the board fast. Not much I can do.

Ill tell you the craziest thing about the draft. Sheryl Swoopes went 8th round, just ahead of goddamn John Adams. Insane.

The other funny thing is Burt Reynolds went 19th. Now Im not a Reynolds hater, but that is way too early. Grab a Charles Darwin there and get Reynolds in the 30's.

And why do people love Susan B. Anthony so much? Consistent overdraft every year. I dont get it at all. You can get Harriet Tubman 4 rounds later.

The other thing you have to remember is present day people are always overvalued. During his Spiderman run, I saw Tobey Maguire go ahead of John Lennon. That is just fucking silly. And now big shocker, Tobey is on the 19th page of the waiver wire. Look ahead, not behind.

Some idiot also grabbed Jerry Seinfeld with Babe Ruth still on the board. I remember my first Historical Fantasy draft.

Albert Einstein
Moses
Mao
Lindsay Lohan
Charles Lindbergh
Florence Nightingale
Jackie Chan
Marion Barry
Barrabas
The Ultimate Warrior
General Patton
Stevie Nicks

What do you think?

WTF no Tony Meola?

Last edited:
WTF no Tony Meola

Listen, texasdeac, this isn't my first rodeo. I've taken Meola before and lost out because of it. The bottom line is you can't get a lot of points out of retired goalies in a historical fantasy league. I love Meola. Do not question my loyalty, but it would be like taking an O-lineman in a fantasy football draft. If I'm starting a soccer team or walking into a dark alley, Tony Meola is my top pick, but not here, not here.

I'll give you some sleepers that you can get late: Yanni, Marty Janetty, Mary Magdalene, Henry Clay. None are sexy picks, but all will get you points.

I'll give you some sleepers that you can get late: Yanni, Marty Janetty, Mary Magdalene, Henry Clay. None are sexy picks, but all will get you points.

the great compromiser. good value in that pick.

Back