• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Expect the NCAA to uphold serious sanctions against the women's bball team. Yawn.

Expect the NCAA to uphold serious sanctions against the women's bball team. Yawn.

This. I can't believe some of you think they are going to do anything significant to them. Facepalm

Last edited:
This. I can't believe some of you think they are going to do anything significant to them. Facepalm

Well obviously it's up to the COI now, but they certainly seem to have pissed off the enforcement staff with their last filing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-...2013-due-to-ineligible-players-174729997.html

There is no way that NCAA can enforce these kind of punishments on Notre Dame and not bring the hammer down on UNC. I think we all know what is coming....

matt-doherty-unc.jpg

Looks like Notre Dame just got hit with sanctions.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. —

The NCAA is ordering Notre Dame to vacate wins from its 2012 and 2013 football seasons because a student athletic trainer committed academic misconduct by doing substantial course work for two players and giving six others impermissible academic extra benefits.

Coach Brian Kelly called the penalty excessive and the school will appeal.

A Division I Committee on Infractions panel also called for Notre Dame to be put on probation for a year and levied a $5,000 fine.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...html#emlnl=Breaking_News_Alerts#storylink=cpy

No wonder their graduation rate is so high for football players.

Personally, I'm a fan of how long it's taken the NCAA to do anything to UNC. The more recruiting classes affected the better.

This news made assholes pucker in Tarheels land. They are going to get hammered.

Personally, I'm a fan of how long it's taken the NCAA to do anything to UNC. The more recruiting classes affected the better.

Except they've got a good football team and a good basketball team. So recruiting has maybe ticked down a bit, but not much. They are still better because of cheating and will be that way until the hammer is absolutely dropped on them. And that won't happen.

The thing with Notre Dame is actually a direct rebuttal of UNC's primary defense. Of all of the noise made on this case, this actually is a big deal (from a UNC POV).

My only hope is that in reviewing UNC's national championships, if they strip the 2005 one, they restore the 1998 and 2016 banners wrongfully taken from us. 7 fouls in a row called on a team with a Senior Point Guard and a ten point second half lead? GTFOH.

Anywho, as you were.

The thing with Notre Dame is actually a direct rebuttal of UNC's primary defense. Of all of the noise made on this case, this actually is a big deal (from a UNC POV).

My only hope is that in reviewing UNC's national championships, if they strip the 2005 one, they restore the 1998 and 2016 banners wrongfully taken from us. 7 fouls in a row called on a team with a Senior Point Guard and a ten point second half lead? GTFOH.

Anywho, as you were.

#Rigged

Back