• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Well, if it's really really bad, I can wait a bit longer!

If it's not bad, I don't want to hear it at all.

So I'm assuming multiple year post season bans, reductions in scholarships, etc etc etc. What happens to scholarship offers already made, are those rescinded in that case?

What's a legit worst case scenario we could actually see, aka not the death penalty since that's probably not going to happen to a school like UNC.

The same player that is a big part of the shoe/coaching/bribery scandal for the alleged bidding war between Adidas and Nike to steer him to one of their sponsored schools.

I loved the title of the news article related to the verbal: "player commits to UNC, Denies Role in Scandal"

So I'm assuming multiple year post season bans, reductions in scholarships, etc etc etc. What happens to scholarship offers already made, are those rescinded in that case?

What's a legit worst case scenario we could actually see, aka not the death penalty since that's probably not going to happen to a school like UNC.

I suppose they can honor the offers put out to recruits, but current scholarship holders would have to be cut to make the numbers. Process the kids, like how Alabama does in football when they get more than 25 kids on signing day every year.
I think short of the death penalty, the worst thing in the eyes of the Holes would be losing a banner(s).

Losing championships doesn't matter at all. That's barely a punishment. It happened.

Losing championships doesn't matter at all. That's barely a punishment. It happened.

Yeah, we had to watch them win those tainted titles and we can't just wipe away those unpleasant memories. I want to see them suck in football and hoops for multiple years because of the penalties they get.

Yeah, we had to watch them win those tainted titles and we can't just wipe away those unpleasant memories. I want to see them suck in football and hoops for multiple years because of the penalties they get.

Exactly.

Strip them of 4 scholarships a year in basketball and a 3 year postseason ban, 15 scholarships in football and a 5 year postseason ban. Then call it a day.

And don't give me any shit about being unfair to the kids. Every single commit/scholarship player knew this was possible.

They, and their parents, knew it was possible and they still can get a degree. The only punishment to them is not playing post season.

So we have gone from thinking slap on wrist to this?

I know it wouldn't affect the current and future team but I want to see banners fall. I want acknowledgement that they cheated to win them. That Roy has a couple fewer wins.

Tear down the Dean Dome and build academic buildings in its place.

there's probably a lot of faculty at UNC who want to see the athletic department and the booster club knocked off their lofty perch

aside from erecting a guillotine in front of South Hall, I want to see Walmart stock go down

there's probably a lot of faculty at UNC who want to see the athletic department and the booster club knocked off their lofty perch

aside from erecting a guillotine in front of South Hall, I want to see Walmart stock go down and the Muslim faith banned in the US and Europe.

FIFY

A good hypothetical is which team has more postseason success: UNC with a postseason ban or Wake?

Back