• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Gotta get this pesky UNC thing out of the way ASAP now that the FBI is breathing down their necks.

If these M-F'rs skate b/c they "proved" that this was an academics and not an athletics issue I'm gonna puke.

I've heard James Comey is going to announce the findings if that tells you anything.

Fully expect the NCAA to punt any penalties with this and to put UNC on a new penalty phrase created just for teams in blue called " conditional probation" which will be defined as, we watching you guys so watch yourselves. Old Roy will do his Huckleberry Hound laugh and wink at the academic people (are there any of those left at carolina anyway?) with an 'I told you so" grin. Well no penalties was inaccurate, they are going to cream women's basketball

I recommend putting quotation marks around "Penalities" in the thread title until we hear otherwise.

“Due to scheduling circumstances, there will be no release tomorrow regarding the NCAA Committee on Infractions decision. We have not yet received the Committee’s public infractions report. We anticipate we will be informed 24 hours prior to the actual release at a later date.”
– Vice Chancellor of University Communications Joel Curran, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Get your popcorn ready.
Hopefully a big show coming.

“Due to scheduling circumstances, there will be no release tomorrow regarding the NCAA Committee on Infractions decision. We have not yet received the Committee’s public infractions report. We anticipate we will be informed 24 hours prior to the actual release at a later date.”
– Vice Chancellor of University Communications Joel Curran, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Last minute plea bargain. Here is what we will accept and promise no further litigation. Wont work. Self imposed window has closed.

Bullshit. This smells like they got hammered and they're going to go into full scale PR spin mode over the weekend.

Bullshit. This smells like they got hammered and they're going to go into full scale PR spin mode over the weekend.

Many hope you are correct. But given that this is UNC....

Many hope you are correct. But given that this is UNC....

True. But, of anything that we could hear after a reported Friday announcement, this is the best case scenario. It gives them all weekend to perfect the spin for Monday or Tuesday.

Well they're hosting Notre Dame Saturday, maybe the pleaded with the NCAA to hold off, so that "penalties" wouldn't be the focus of the broadcast. I assume since it's ND, it's a nationally televised game.

In the scheme of things, the penalties hardly matter. They really don't. The real penalties are the fact that UNC's reputation is forever sullied and any bragging rights UNC ever thinks they have from a win against "insert team" can from now on be rebutted with "cheaters". UNC fans can never win another argument about sports.

It's a win all the way around - for the next 100 years - for anyone that hates UNC.

Aren't you the guy whose best friend is in charge of the Rams club? If your tarheel friends are like mine you should expect them to part with all logic and reason, and so even when you win an argument they'll insist you lost.

spicer.gif

Roy Williams does not get penalties. Next question.

Well they're hosting Notre Dame Saturday, maybe the pleaded with the NCAA to hold off, so that "penalties" wouldn't be the focus of the broadcast. I assume since it's ND, it's a nationally televised game.

they are also coming out with a big fund raising campaign this weekend

Aren't you the guy whose best friend is in charge of the Rams club? If your tarheel friends are like mine you should expect them to part with all logic and reason, and so even when you win an argument they'll insist you lost.

Yes (although he an amuni and President of the Rams Club - he's not an employee of The Rams Club or UNC he's just a big donor), and what you say is absolutely true.

Here's another thing he does: UNC loses to Wake, and his response is and I kid you not "I'm glad we lost that one. We needed to lose that one to get our heads right for the rest of the season. This was a good loss and a necessary loss. We should be thanking Wake for helping us out". I mean, UNC fans defy all logic and reason. They contort things to make it come out for them every time. And they don't realize how absurd it appears.

Right now, it's all about how Roy is the only coach that does it the right way which is why he doesn't end up with one and dones - because Roy won't "play the game". And he obsesses over Coach K being dirty (mainly through Capel) in this scandal.

Last edited:
Back