• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

UNC's accrediting agency didn't think it was fake news. If memory serves me correct, UNC is the ONLY Tier 1 research institution that has ever been placed on probation. Others can chime in & correct me if needed.

I'm not sure a tarheel fan who would boil their issues down to "one easy class in one department" is worthy of an argument. That person is either an idiot, hasn't read anything about the case, or is being purposefully ignorant. Either way I don't think anything you say is going to change their mind...

I'm not sure a tarheel fan who would boil their issues down to "one easy class in one department" is worthy of an argument. That person is either an idiot, hasn't read anything about the case, or is being purposefully ignorant. Either way I don't think anything you say is going to change their mind...

The person is ManhattanHeel, BTW.

OGB denizens, I have baited a bigtime Tar Heel fan into a Facebook argument that I can't afford to lose. Please help me win. The reward is posrep and lots of it.

Here's what we have so far:

OP shared The Wall Street Journal's post.
September 3 at 8:21pm ·
Tigers are looking good

The Wall Street Journal
September 3 at 7:01pm ·
Should you be ashamed of your school? See how your favorite team fares on our 2017 College Football Grid of Shame.

College Football’s 2017 Grid of Shame
In an annual tradition, The Wall Street Journal evaluates the country’s top teams and how much their fans need to be embarrassed—or proud—of their program’s off-the-field behavior
WSJ.COM

OL-AP017A_SHAME_16U_20170901110045.jpg

4. North Carolina
A long investigation into alleged fake classes at UNC, predominantly taken by athletes, took its latest step with an NCAA hearing in August. But the issue still isn't resolved and still hangs over the teams in Chapel Hill.

Comments
Me: And Tar Heels are looking like cheaters.

OP Indeed, bottoming out the list nearly...

It takes real effort to compete with Baylor for the title of most despicable program in college football. The Heels football team's real competition is with the men's and women's basketball programs.

TarHeelFan: Yes because one easy class in one department is the same as rape. �� FFS this is the definition of "fake news" and it will be proven in court.

I want to be able to speak on specific facts and expose hypocrisy. Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head, I recall a News & Observer article that goes through syllabi and interviews former Af-Am Studies students that proves, at least to me, that the coursework was hard for some, and goes on to discuss an internal investigation that yielded damning results, with something like over 50 of the courses offered being essentially sham courses. I believe the football team had the largest block of all sports in the sham courses. There's probably a lot of gold in that article for you and I'm sure it's easy to find.

In addition, I think it was Tydreke Powell who revealed that Butch Davis said something like "if you wanted an education, you should have gone to Harvard." Davis admitted to saying whatever it was, but attempted to explain it in a way that meant something different, and I believe Holden Thorp resigned over the academic scandal as well. I guess the above helps you with her first statement.

An example outside of academics is sports agent Terry Watson, who pleaded guilty to paying UNC football players, which helps you with her second statement, although it's not really clear what she means by "proven in court."

Is that the kind of info you're looking for?

Last edited:
It's like Christmas Eve. I just hope I was good this year.

If Louisville gets more than UNC does, I hope they sue the NCAA and put all the dirt out there.

Just like how SMU was punished for acting like Texas or A&M, Louisville with get punished for attempting to play the same game as Duke and UNC.

Wait a month for State to get some heat from the shoe scandal after nothing happens to unc.

They just got a 5 star bball commit yesterday. Nothing will happen.

The same player that is a big part of the shoe/coaching/bribery scandal for the alleged bidding war between Adidas and Nike to steer him to one of their sponsored schools.

Back