• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

I hesitate to ask this, but can we have a real discussion about this?

Assuming so, look at Carolina basketball in 2016 and 2017. They played 12 games in the NCAAT, with different starting lineups that featured four different, four years starters including Marcus Paige (academic All-American) and not including Justin Jackson (a home-schooled kid).

What happened 10-20 years ago was inarguably wrong. But right now, I don't know of a high level program that does it better, in terms of student-athletes at championship level competition. Look at Kentucky.
Look at dUKe.
DUKE just signed a high school junior, who will play THIS YEAR and then declare. Skipping classes was clearly wrong, but Bagley just skipped an entire grade, and is three classes away from the NBA. Harry Giles going to five high schools (including that online nonsense) and bouncing after a semester along with most of his recruiting class? Not a peep, nationally. Feels like Wonderland these days.

Last edited:
Assuming so, look at Carolina basketball in 2016 and 2017. They played 12 games in the NCAAT, with different starting lineups that featured four different, four years starters including Marcus Paige (academic All-American) and not including Justin Jackson (a home-schooled kid).

What happened 10-20 years ago was inarguably wrong. But right now, I don't know of a high level program that does it better, in terms of student-athletes at championship level competition. Look at Kentucky.
Look at dUKe.
DUKE just signed a high school junior, who will play THIS YEAR and then declare. Skipping classes was clearly wrong, but Bagley just skipped an entire grade, and is three classes away from the NBA. Harry Giles going to five high schools (including that online nonsense) and bouncing after a semester along with most of his recruiting class? Not a peep, nationally. Feels like Wonderland these days.

You have to admit that "everybody does it" and "it was a long time ago" (note: UNC is mainly responsible for the delay) are, besides being admissions of guilt, pretty weak arguments.

Look at dUKe.

Lolol. This post is so great. It's hits it all. Truly amazing. Starts out by admitting carolina is full of shit, then switches to can't blame the kids now, then pivots to my favorite talking point "the carolina way", while being finished with a hearty dose of well fuck Duke. All while seamlessly blending in "everyone does it". Truly the perfection of tar hole douche baggery

Lolol. This post is so great. It's hits it all. Truly amazing. Starts out by admitting carolina is full of shit, then switches to can't blame the kids now, then pivots to my favorite talking point "the carolina way", while being finished with a hearty dose of well fuck Duke. All while seamlessly blending in "everyone does it". Truly the perfection of tar hole douche baggery

All true, by the way.

I say again, the real question is who will win the lawsuit. How sad will you guys be if UNC gets all of its titles back and an eight digit judgment against the NCAA? For your own mental health, I would create emotional space for that possibility.

Why do UNC fans think the NCAA doesn't have competent lawyers? I'm pretty sure an organization that takes in a $billion has lawyers that will smoke UNC legal representation. UNC acts like they have this brilliant set of legal minds that in reality have given them the worst possible legal advice. UNC should have admitted guilt years ago and they Could be crawling out from under sanctions today. But no. They have given the NCAA every reason to put the worst beat down of a program in the history of college sports. Fucking idiots.

Why do UNC fans think the NCAA doesn't have competent lawyers? I'm pretty sure an organization that takes in a $billion has lawyers that will smoke UNC legal representation. UNC acts like they have this brilliant set of legal minds that in reality have given them the worst possible legal advice. UNC should have admitted guilt years ago and they Could be crawling out from under sanctions today. But no. They have given the NCAA every reason to put the worst beat down of a program in the history of college sports. Fucking idiots.

Are you familiar with the NCAA?

Look at dUKe.

It has worked out for them, but, let's be clear. There is one reason and one reason only that UNC has four-year players - they have been unable to sign any of the one-and-done type recruits; at leat partially because of the scandal hanging over their head. Let's not pretend that UNC has taken a high-and-mighty position that they won't recruit or sign the top recruits.

And stop pointing at what other schools are doing or have done - it is not relevant. Let us know when another school is exposed as having established a multi-decade pattern of an academic dept. full of no-show, no-work classes created to help keep athletes eligible. When you can do that maybe we'll pay attention.

They also couldn't properly punish a school that ran a child sex trafficking ring for decades sooooooo
There should never be a need for the NCAA to punish for felonies. We have a system for that. UNC should also be hauled into court for stealing Pell Grant money by keeping athletes eligible under systemmatic cheating and not providing the education the grants were intended for.

There should never be a need for the NCAA to punish for felonies. We have a system for that. UNC should also be hauled into court for stealing Pell Grant money by keeping athletes eligible under systemmatic cheating and not providing the education the grants were intended for.

Worth noting.

Difficult to dispute those points.

You don't think PSU deserved any punishment from the NCAA? That's a pretty gross stance to take but you do you.

I believe this is what the kids these days call a

#HawtTake

PSU deserved all the punishment that could heaped upon them. Just punishment from the proper authority, the criminal justice system.

Many in PSU's AD and administration might not have violated any law but they still played a part in covering up and encouraging pedophilia. They deserved to get crushed by any entity with authority. Full stop.

You guys acting like college kids cheating is worse than a decades long child sex scandal is why it's hard to take you seriously.

Back