• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I almost feel bad

This x 1,000.

With apologies to my friend Ph, it's not his fault. It really isn't. Bzz is like the Norv Turner/Wade Phillips of basketball coaches. Some Great B's make Dreadful A's.

I feel really bad for the guy, to be honest. He's failing publicly, his wife hates it, and his own fan base is pulling against him. Hate the sin, not the sinner, you know? The guy wanted to come to Wake Forest and win. There are worse things in life.

And some of you guys need to appreciate how counterproductive the Buzz-hate schtick really is. Tired, immature, beneath you, unnecessary and frankly unhelpful.

Fans of other universities have no right to say this about Deacon fans.

6th and vine. His daughter later joined the family and Bzz instantly left like he had better things to do.

She's a looker or sure.
But he just looked miserable. I almost felt bad guys.

Relevant (3:30 in):

Chip
You gonna let your sons talk to their grandfather like that? I'm their elder!

Ricky Bobby
I sure as hell am, Chip. I love the way they're talking to you. Cause they're winners. Winners get to do what they want to do. Only think you've ever done with your life is make a hot daughter, that's it.

6th and vine. His daughter later joined the family and Bzz instantly left like he had better things to do.

She's a looker or sure.
But he just looked miserable. I almost felt bad guys.

YeS. He had better things to do.. Still searching for me...the guy that made his wife say at one point "do I have cum in my teeth?"

Don't worry bzzz, Ron is looking for me too.

Someone needs to pull a Chapo Guzman anywhere Bz is and hold him against his will.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Chip

Ricky Bobby
I sure as hell am, Chip. I love the way they're talking to you. Cause they're winners. Winners get to do what they want to do. Only think you've ever done with your life is make a hot daughter, that's it.

"i work too hard for your bull chip" hahaha, that shit gets me every damn time. i integrated into my vernacular for a while just cause it feels good to say it to my staff.

also, ive been praying for the longest time that bzdicklicker came into mac grill. it would be a genuinely unpleasant experience if he ever did...

Chip

Ricky Bobby

Comically enough, when this thread was started, I actually thought of another scene from Ricky Bobby. Couldn't find a youtube clip, but...

"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life. Look at...look at Don Shula. Legendary coach. Look at that Asian guy who holds the world record for eatin' all those hot dogs in a row. Look at Rue McClanahan. From The Golden Girls. Three people, all great champions, all loved."

Buzz - not a winner, not a great champion. Therefore not love. Thank you, Ricky Bobby.

This x 1,000.

With apologies to my friend Ph, it's not his fault. It really isn't. Bzz is like the Norv Turner/Wade Phillips of basketball coaches. Some Great B's make Dreadful A's.

I feel really bad for the guy, to be honest. He's failing publicly, his wife hates it, and his own fan base is pulling against him. Hate the sin, not the sinner, you know? The guy wanted to come to Wake Forest and win. There are worse things in life.

And some of you guys need to appreciate how counterproductive the Buzz-hate schtick really is. Tired, immature, beneath you, unnecessary and frankly unhelpful.

This is absolutely the way I feel. No one on this board would turn down an opportunity like [Redacted] was presented. Was he known for being warm and cuddly with the fan base at Air Force or Colorado? Wellman is the one who should be the target for not doing a thorough search. Targeting [Redacted] is targeting Wellman's guy and we know how quick Wellman will be to admit he was wrong...
Targeting Wellman's poor process and poor judgement makes more sense.

He's there every Thursday for the Panko breaded ahi tuna with a green tea Wasabi and orange ginger Hoisin special.

This x 1,000.

I agree with the part about Buzz shouldn't have been hired. He took an opportunity but just sucked at it. However, he could at any moment stop taking our millions in salary and resign. It's not like he's being held captive.

Also very much disagree about the Buzz out movement "schtick" comment. There is nothing really counterproductive about it. It's not like any of us are going to be able to sit down with Ron and reason with him. The most detrimental, "tired," and "unhelpful" person involved here is Wellman from the moment he hired Buzz and every day that he subjects our program to this. I don't think the Buzzout stuff will really have an effect one way or the other. I find it funny and a good outlet to deal with our dumpster fire program, but I get it if you don't. But any effect one way or the other of the Buzzouters is completely insignificant to the actual decisions being made by the AD.

Join the crowd Buzz. You've made us miserable for three years with each year worse than the year before. How does it feel? Sorry. No sympathy.

Tonight at dinner my friends and I were seated just a few feet away from good old Jeff and Nina and neither had much to say to each other all night. One of my friends pointed them out as a couple they thought were probably going through a divorce. But I know the truth, Jeff knows his days are clearly numbered and even his wife is sick of this shit

maybe they were bummed that the nebraska coach stood them up?

If anything, Bzz should feel bad about stealing the millions of dollars from MSD and the DFL product that he has put on the floor these past three years.

Not sure how anyone could be upset with Buzz. His performance is entirely foreseeable to the clear-eyed observer. There is ample precedent that this was going to happen. As the old saying goes, "The good news and the bad news is that he's trying his best." Cf. Grobe. Say what you want about Caldwell, but he led a capable offense to the Super Bowl in 2012. Jim Grobe got beat by Dook.

Your Buzz anger is warranted but has other (higher) destinations.

How does Buzz possibly land another job after this? How does this loser get recycled over and over again?

Back