• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I almost feel bad

Not sure how anyone could be upset with Buzz. His performance is entirely foreseeable to the clear-eyed observer. There is ample precedent that this was going to happen. As the old saying goes, "The good news and the bad news is that he's trying his best." Cf. Grobe. Say what you want about Caldwell, but he led a capable offense to the Super Bowl in 2012. Jim Grobe got beat by Dook.

Your Buzz anger is warranted but has other (higher) destinations.

i think most of us agree in principle. wellman is to blame for the hire. bzz can't really be faulted for taking the job even though he has been epically bad. you could argue that bzz should be faulted for not doing the honorable thing and resigning but i am sure he somehow believes he is turning it around. delusional as that is.

however, the bzz anger is because he has been nothing but a pretentious a hole. he blames everyone else for anything remotely wrong. his players (college kids - that primarily are "his recruits" or ones that had never played under a different coach), alumni (had to change that culture don't you know) and fans. he has never tried to reach out to the school/community until it was far too late. he does not take responsibility.

ron is to blame for starting and perpetuating this mess but bzz is responsible for not, at least trying, to embrace the community and get their support. instead he cusses at fans, stands up other coaches, plays the sore loser about shaking hands with opposing coaches and players and behaves as if nothing is his fault. the list goes on and on.

How does Buzz possibly land another job after this? How does this loser get recycled over and over again?

No way he gets another head coach job. He could probably do some scouting work in the NBA or maybe be an asst.

Can promise one thing...if/when Wellman dismisses our "knight in shining armor" it will be SPUN in such a way to have made Buzz look like the Messiah coming to rescue the imbeciles, institute a change in culture @ good ol' WFU! Ladies and Gents you can take that to the bank...it is coming!

i think most of us agree in principle. wellman is to blame for the hire. bzz can't really be faulted for taking the job even though he has been epically bad. you could argue that bzz should be faulted for not doing the honorable thing and resigning but i am sure he somehow believes he is turning it around. delusional as that is.

however, the bzz anger is because he has been nothing but a pretentious a hole. he blames everyone else for anything remotely wrong. his players (college kids - that primarily are "his recruits" or ones that had never played under a different coach), alumni (had to change that culture don't you know) and fans. he has never tried to reach out to the school/community until it was far too late. he does not take responsibility.

ron is to blame for starting and perpetuating this mess but bzz is responsible for not, at least trying, to embrace the community and get their support. instead he cusses at fans, stands up other coaches, plays the sore loser about shaking hands with opposing coaches and players and behaves as if nothing is his fault. the list goes on and on.

I hope we don't ever accept losing. Being a good loser isn't a quality I want in a coach. He's an experienced loser.

Not sure how anyone could be upset with Buzz. His performance is entirely foreseeable to the clear-eyed observer. There is ample precedent that this was going to happen. As the old saying goes, "The good news and the bad news is that he's trying his best." Cf. Grobe. Say what you want about Caldwell, but he led a capable offense to the Super Bowl in 2012. Jim Grobe got beat by Dook.

Your Buzz anger is warranted but has other (higher) destinations.

Caldwell put together a solid offensive game plan for the whole playoffs, what 4 games? That said, great example of someone who is better off as an assistant as opposed to a head coach. Grobe has only lost to Duke once in 12 seasons. Bad comparison.

I hope we don't ever accept losing. Being a good loser isn't a quality I want in a coach. He's an experienced loser.

i agree. but you don't have to be an ass to college kids like he has been caught on camera being a few times.

Well, of course I won't go this coming Thursday. [Redacted] will be at the ACC Tournament.

Depends on the seed. He may be back home for dinner.

The idea that anyone should feel bad for a guy making millions of dollars coaching the game of basketball - a coach that compiles one whole road win in the ACC over 3 years - is hysterical.

I feel bad for little kids starving in Africa and all over the world. I don't feel bad for a guy who makes millions of dollars to suck at his job.

Back