• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am a Lady Gaga Fan

Deacon511

Reaction score
Is that wrong? I am a 41 yr old man who has seen Janes Addiction, Pearl Jam, Ramones, live, sound garden, just about any grunge 90's band you can think of. But I think Lady Gaga has talent. Call me gay neg rep me I don't care I love lady gaga

Ke$ha sucks

Lady Gaga is a less talented, less entertaining Madonna. She should thank God that most of her fans could not pick the woman she has ripped off out of a line-up.

Lady Gaga is a less talented, less entertaining Madonna. She should thank God that most of her fans could not pick the woman she has ripped off out of a line-up.

Her songs are much more entertaining than Madonna's.

I downloaded Gaga's new album for 99 cents from Amazon the other day. It's good pop music.

No. You're not wrong. She does have talent and the music is compelling with a lot of energy. It's the best thing going in pop, which means it makes a ton of people want to listen to it. Yeah, the lyrics are lame, and a little gross, but who cares.

Madonna's put some pretty good stuff out in the past 15 years too, but it's way too easy to just dismiss her.

Pop music is pop music is pop music. It's fun and peeps who bitch about today's vs. yesterday's either are stuck in the past or just have selective memory of all the bad music that every era has. Writing a good pop hook ISN'T easy. And Gaga seems to do it with astounding regularity.

You sound like a pop hipster.

Not at all. I don't dislike Lady Gaga's music but she annoys the shit out of me because A) she has completely ripped off Madonna and it becomes more obvious everyday and B) her "I was picked on in high school" BS.

Not at all. I don't dislike Lady Gaga's music but she annoys the shit out of me because A) she has completely ripped off Madonna and it becomes more obvious everyday and B) her "I was picked on in high school" BS.

Everybody rips off nobody is original. Blah blah. You sound so fucking old. Who cares if she was picked on. You rip off Howard Stern so should we not like you

everybody rips off everybody in the creative industry. Music, film, TV etc.

and B really annoys the shit out of you? really?

When she came out on the most recent Grammy's I thought she was doing a Madonna cover at first.

That being said, I like Gaga. She takes the Madonna schtick to a weird awkward place at times, but her songs are fun and it's good running music. (Granted I know nothing but the singles.)

When she came out on the most recent Grammy's I thought she was doing a Madonna cover at first.

That being said, I like Gaga. She takes the Madonna schtick to a weird awkward place at times, but her songs are fun and it's good running music. (Granted I know nothing but the singles.)

Born this way does sound like Madonna the only song she does that sounds like her.

Robyn>Gaga. Gaga wishes her music had half the emotional resonance of Robyn's dance/techno pop. That being said, Gaga is talented and I like her earlier stuff. Not too thrilled with the new stuff I've heard though.

For those of you who haven't seen this before....

This is her pre-Gaga (obviously). Original songs. I'm pretty impressed.

Back