• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am a Lady Gaga Fan

She should thank God that most of her fans could not pick the woman she has ripped off out of a line-up.

I'm guessing that isn't close to being true for Gaga fans. Pop fans have listened to other pop stars....unless you are assuming her fans are all middle school and younger.

Just Dance is a total rip-off of Beat It.

you do know that that is a mash-up and not the actual beat to just dance right? it doesn't sound like just dance at all.

i am not a big lady gaga fan at all (i do like some of her songs, but think her current stuff sucks) but i hated her when she first came out. i didn't think she was talented at all, but then i saw this (mainly the part with elton john) and realized she could actually sing

i think she obviously sold out to be famous by playing this character but more power to her for getting hers

Last edited:
you do know that that is a mash-up and not the actual beat to just dance right? it doesn't sound like just dance at all.

i am not a big lady gaga fan at all (i do like some of her songs, but think her current stuff sucks) but i hated her when she first came out. i didn't think she was talented at all, but then i saw this (mainly the part with elton john) and realized she could actually sing

i think she obviously solded out to be famous by playing this character but more power to her for getting hers

I've often wondered if when she's done being "Lady Gaga" if she'll make more albums as herself. I definitely think she's talented enough, and her voice reminds me a lot of Norah Jones.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that's why it says "mash-up" in the title!!! Thanks Captain Awbvious, I never would have known without you!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that's why it says "mash-up" in the title!!! Thanks Captain Awbvious, I never would have known without you!!!

hey you are the one that posted it like it wasn't. sorry i could not read your sarcasm on the internet. i sincerely apologize for offending you in such a way

Is that wrong? I am a 41 yr old man who has seen Janes Addiction, Pearl Jam, Ramones, live, sound garden, just about any grunge 90's band you can think of. But I think Lady Gaga has talent. Call me gay neg rep me I don't care I love lady gaga

Ke$ha sucks

i completely agree, im smitten

I didn't watch OGB's youtube originally because I scanned too quickly and thought it was just the "Beat It" video. I have watched it since and that entire exchange made me laugh a lot.

i'll admit i like her music (for pop music). her 60 minutes interview about a month or 2 ago with anderson cooper was extremely fascinating. the fact that she drinks bourbon while writing songs is a huge plus.

i don't see how her bringing up being picked on in HS is a bad thing. she's grown from it, it's made her the person she is today, and she wants those who are currently picked on (in an age when bullying is a serious problem) to have someone to look up to

Let’s check on Gaga in the year 2038 and see how her talent and success is compared to Madonna’s. Borderline came out in 1984, and for twenty years straight Madonna remained in the public spotlight, and has recently “aged out”. To say Lady Gaga is more talented than Madonna clearly shows the age of the person posting. Madonna in 1986 was so much bigger than Lady Gaga is now after the approximate same time on the scene. She changed the way pop music was played, and 100% the way a few hundred million girls dressed.

I honestly think LG is very talented, and I like her music, but anyone putting her above the level of Madonna is forgetting the 80’s and 90’s.

Let’s check on Gaga in the year 2038 and see how her talent and success is compared to Madonna’s. Borderline came out in 1984, and for twenty years straight Madonna remained in the public spotlight, and has recently “aged out”. To say Lady Gaga is more talented than Madonna clearly shows the age of the person posting. Madonna in 1986 was so much bigger than Lady Gaga is now after the approximate same time on the scene. She changed the way pop music was played, and 100% the way a few hundred million girls dressed.

I honestly think LG is very talented, and I like her music, but anyone putting her above the level of Madonna is forgetting the 80’s and 90’s.

If Lady Gaga was born 20 years earlier she would've been bigger than Madonna. She's way, way more musically talented and more creative. She won't be as big now because the entertainment landscape is so fractured (due to internet, tons of satellite channels, etc.), and nobody captures a worldwide audience anymore.

If Lady Gaga was born 20 years earlier she would've been bigger than Madonna. She's way, way more musically talented and more creative. She won't be as big now because the entertainment landscape is so fractured (due to internet, tons of satellite channels, etc.), and nobody captures a worldwide audience anymore.

How can you possibly say she would have been bigger than Madonna in the late 80’s and 90’s? There is no musical act in my mind outside of the Beatles Elvis, and MJ that dictated the music world more in their prime. Amazing considering MJ and Madonna were doing it at the same time.

Some will argue the Stones, The Dead, and a few others, and while I like their music more, Madonna captured the world with more than just Music. Much like Lady Gaga is doing now. I could not agree more that LG is more musically talented and gifted, but if great musical skills were all that were needed to capture a large audience she would have stuck to the music and images linked above when playing the piano. Lady Gaga is now in the public eye more than ever because of her MSG concert on HBO, which I enjoyed. Now when you have a chance go back and find/watch the Madonna Like a Virgin Tour or even one of her more recent tours, and if you do not think she is copying the shock value of a sexual suggestive on stage performance than you are just not being honest with yourself.

She's very talented. I had seen the pre-gaga stuff a while back and was impressed. Of course the "Lady Gaga" act is just that...an act. I'm sure some producer put her up to it so she could get noticed and make eleventy billion dollars. Whatever. Pretty sure pop artists have been doing it for decades (Madonna, Bowie, etc.).

What...specifically...does this mean? Is it just another way of saying "Madonna was better"???

Back