• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'I am not in play for Wake Forest' - Herb Sendek

Title of this post had me worried...Saw that it was Sendek, nuff said, carry on.

Sendik?? Sendik?!!? We're talking about Sendik? Thank the gods he's 'not in play' for us..

You have to read that with the right inflection. He was responding to someone saying, "hey, by the way, Wake doesn't want you for their opening. You are not in play!"

Read it in the fashion of, "I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole court is out of order!..."

:thumbsup:

Wish I could be upset by this news but somehow, I really am NOT! LOL. Apparently he was not even in the top 25 of our potential list, but rather was others receiving votes. LOL> guess he felt the need to defend his position since he was 26th on the list....

Damn it. Someone get Frank Haith on the phone.

I must announce that I too will not be a candidate off the head coaching job at wake

No one remembers Bobby Lutz doing the same thing?

I do and remember how bizarre it was. Considering what we've been through, might as well have been our coach.

Otherwise, best news this search has yielded thus far. Aside from that, I can't believe the mere mention of his name on a 25-name Rivals list prompted going directly to Sendek for comment. Anyone with a modicum of research (or general college basketball knowledge) knows that he's not a candidate. What AD has a 25-name list? Who the hell looks at a 25-name list and says, "I'm not gonna look anything up and just ask the guy." Unreal and beyond lazy.

I really blame rivals for being lazy and putting out such a big list in the first place. Sure, the last hire was out of the blue, but they at least know this hire has to be 1) big or 2) safe. Sendek is neither.

Last edited:
Is Lutz an assistant somewhere now? NCSU? UNC? Seems I saw him on some ACC teams bench.
Maybe I should google?

The same thing when he was the coach at UNCC.

Back