• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'I am not in play for Wake Forest' - Herb Sendek

Sources are telling me that Sendek was wellman's top target.

Yeah, at UNCC. I don't know if he said it more than once, but in the interview I saw, I don't recall Lutz offering that he wasn't interested, I recall that he was asked the question by a reporter in a one-on-one interview and said he had no interest. Not really his fault unless it was negotiated prior to the interview, but it was such a weird question that now it almost makes me think someone at the station heard that the search was going well beyond the typical list of candidates.

I recall Lutz saying that he wasn't a candidate for the Wake job while he was at UNCC (maybe even twice?) when no one was thinking that he was a candidate. Was even picked up by the local paper.

For awhile, it was a running joke on the old board that whenever a coaching vacancy occurred someone would inevitably post "Bobby Lutz has withdrawn his name from consideration". Cracked me up every time for some reason.

No one remembers Bobby Lutz doing the same thing?

Just playing catch up on this thread. Maybe I am old but I find this hilarious bc in every coaching thread the last time I spent any time on the boards this was a joke as common as PM or Haas.

Just playing catch up on this thread. Maybe I am old but I find this hilarious bc in every coaching thread the last time I spent any time on the boards this was a joke as common as PM or Haas.

Yeah. That was the first running joke I remember on these boards.

Member since November 2011

U held out as best you could I see

Herb is a very nice guy. Lived beside my mom's sister and her family. NC State was delusional to run him out of town for Sidney Lowe. That said, he would be an atrocious hire. I can't imagine a scenario where RW actually contacted him.

Herb is a very nice guy. Lived beside my mom's sister and her family. NC State was delusional to run him out of town for Sidney Lowe. That said, he would be an atrocious hire. I can't imagine a scenario where RW actually contacted him.

If only there were a specific name for said person...

You guys are in the karmic desert for ChrisL's hypocrisy and self-righteousness on this very subject. Tiers, mother fuckers. TIERS!!!

State fans' obsession with ChrisL is definitely one of the weirder ACC Boards things

I haven't posted in their board since shortly after the nut punch incident NINE YEARS AGO, and I am still a legend over there. Some of those donks will still be talking about me 20 years from now.

Tiers was Ph's thing.

Last edited:
Oh gosh darn. Sendek doesn't want to come to Wake Forest. I am so disappointed. :woot:

Back