• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury Update?

Summers is fine he came back and played.

Kevin concussion will be ok.

Nikita hurt his ankle the xrays came back negative tbd I guess.

Nikita has a sprained ankle.

Summers came back and played. I think his was an ankle too.

KJ was concussed and held out WHICH IS WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO NOWADAYS LARRY. Didn't look too bad and since Josh played today I'd assume KJ will be good for FSU.

Is Nikita's a low ankle or high ankle sprain? Just wondering about recovery time... their ability to rush the ball was night and day with and w/o Nikita...

Is Nikita's a low ankle or high ankle sprain? Just wondering about recovery time... their ability to rush the ball was night and day with and w/o Nikita...

This. We need him badly.

Did anyone notice how low the holes were tackling him? Several borderline tackles.

This. We need him badly.

Did anyone notice how low the holes were tackling him? Several borderline tackles.

Totally noticed. I was infuriated. We were sitting near his family and they seemed pretty annoyed about it to (understandably!).

Totally noticed. I was infuriated. We were sitting near his family and they seemed pretty annoyed about it to (understandably!).

Glad to know others noticed. I was irate...they were dirty- and once or twice, no big deal, but over and over- looked like there was a bounty on him.

Go To Hell, Carolina!!!

Just speculating here, this is an observation from being a physical therapist. Nikita's sprain looked pretty bad from the way he struggled to get off the field, the difficulty he had returning, and the fact that he was taken for an x-ray. That the x-ray was negative doesn't mean much as far as sprains go. I'm guessing a low ankle sprain, but a significant one. If he plays next week chalk it up to three things. One is the advances in treating sprains, two is Nikita has tremendous heart which we know he does, and three is that the training dept. increased their budget for tape. He'll need a lot of it.

Again, this is just speculation based on observation.

D-line Questions/Scenarios:

If Nikita can go and Thompson can go: Of Redding, Hazime, and Thompson who gets the start?

If Thompson can go and Nikita cannot: Does Hazime slide to NG and start?

If neither can go: I couldn't tell from the stands but I am assuming it was Godspower who came in and played NG?

Kevin Johnson ‏@KevJr9
Hell of a win!!!! Got knocked out of the game in the end of the second half... But I'm back !!! Good to go! Go Deacs!!

Sounds like a JRoc last weekend. Just slightly concussed.

D-line Questions/Scenarios:

If Nikita can go and Thompson can go: Of Redding, Hazime, and Thompson who gets the start?

If Thompson can go and Nikita cannot: Does Hazime slide to NG and start?

If neither can go: I couldn't tell from the stands but I am assuming it was Godspower who came in and played NG?

Godspower didn't play...Tylor Harris slid back over to NG after Nikita went down. I think Hazime is prob the next best player if Nikita can't go but I dont know if he is a better option at the NG spot. I would give him the start at end next week based on this weeks play he seemed to get after the passer better than Redding or Thompson have showed the ability to in the past.

With Hazime's play he has earned more time in my eyes

With Hazime's play he has earned more time in my eyes

Absolutely agree. From what I've heard and seen, he seems like one of those kinds of guys that does enough to be a backup in camp, but when the lights are on he absolutely shines.

We've only got one year of him, but I hope he continues to make an impact.

The ankle is what they are talking about with Nikita. The bigger concern is his right groin. He has been having problems with it for awhile, and if you noticed that is what was bothering him the most on the field. That obviously can be an ongoing, nagging injury that is tough to overcome during the season.

Godspower didn't play...Tylor Harris slid back over to NG after Nikita went down. I think Hazime is prob the next best player if Nikita can't go but I dont know if he is a better option at the NG spot. I would give him the start at end next week based on this weeks play he seemed to get after the passer better than Redding or Thompson have showed the ability to in the past.

Fairly certain Offor played unless someone else was wearing his jersey.

Edit: Thought I saw him after Nikita went down, paper reported the same, but I don't see him listed as playing.

Last edited:
Back