• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury Update?

I say sit him against Army too unless he is absolutely 100%

The only thing that bothers me about that is Nikita is very effective against option teams. I remember in 2010, his freshman year, he completed dominated Ga. Tech's option offense. Of course, we lost that game when Tech starting passing the ball and we made them look like Spurrier's Florida teams. I agree he needs to be out as long as it takes to get him at a point he can be effective and not be additional risk of injury, but I'd sure hate to slip up against Army.

Yep. Mainly because Grobe is building the D Line back up to 2006-2008 level and the OL/DL trenches win the game in College Football.

Our DL could be beastly in the next few years:

Redding (he's been active)
Z. Thompson
Whitlock

Offor (NG?)
Floyd (DE)
Garcia (DE?)

Harris, T. - DE
Banks - DE
Lewinson - NG or DT

Maybe...incoming J. Miller...Looney...talk Shortridge into making the right call and coming to WFU. Heck any ONE of them would be sweet.

And then we are downright nasty on the DL.

Pretty baller that Hazime came in and won the starting job in one game. That guy was a beast against UNC. Grobe seems pretty optimistic.

"That might give us a chance to move Zach down inside. "

I understand that WF has trouble getting top notch DT talent but this is just starting to get crazy. Zach Thompson shifting to NG? Find. Some. Fucking. DTs.

Grobe just likes to pull a specific type of player to slide to the NG position IMO, it's not just about our continued misses at DT although that's certainly some of it.

Grobe just likes to pull a specific type of player to slide to the NG position IMO, it's not just about our continued misses at DT although that's certainly some of it.

You are going to have to clarify that for me. Nikita, Tylor, Gods-Power, and possible Z. Thompson are far from a specific type of player. More like an eclectic mix.

You are going to have to clarify that for me. Nikita, Tylor, Gods-Power, and possible Z. Thompson are far from a specific type of player. More like an eclectic mix.

Wouldn't they all be the undersized, more athletic than most OL, high-motor type guys? I'm going to guess that's what he was going for.

How about guys who can keep from getting kicked off the team?

How about guys who can keep from getting kicked off the team?

Now thats more accurate imo. I think the the hard truth is that a lot of the guys we recruited at DT were either disappointments, moved to OL, or kicked off the team. Nikita was almost sheer luck in that we found a diamond in the rough at the very end of our recruiting season and only after trying him at LB did we try him at DT. I just find it hard to believe that our plan all along was to take guys recruited at DE and LB and turn them into NGs.

Any ideas on if Nikita is gonna play next week? Without him I fear an L.

Back