• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Fat Acceptance A Good Thing?

No. It's a health condition that is within a person's power to change. Are we okay with Alcoholic acceptance? Drug abuse acceptance?

Fat acceptance is fine. Fat encouragement is not. Ex. "You're just adding curves and you're big and beautiful, blah blah". No, you're obese and killing yourself; that's not beautiful.

Having constantly fought the gut battle myself at my desk job (I usually shed it by running road races in the winter but the ridiculous Florida heat in the summer confines me to the gym, which is a much less efficient place time wise to burn calories) I have sympathy for folks who are overweight. It's easy to gain weight working 8-7 every day without getting off your rear except to piss. My point is the uber-fatties deserve condemnation due to the fact that they burden the health care system, but where a beer gut was once considered a badge of the working man, now it's condemned like a communicable disease. We need to give it a rest. Same thing for the ladies after carrying a few kids. It's ok to rock the tankini with the bottom shorts. You don't have to look like you did at 23. Stuff has moved around. We get it.

Edited to note: The woman in the yahoo article is an uber-fattie who is begging for Type 2 diabetes. She does not fall in my sympathy category...

Last edited:
Not a fan of fat shaming. Unless you're Moon, in which case I fully support your efforts to get America healthy.

Wear a bikini whenever you want - just don't blame me when I find your body disgusting.

I'm so tired of seeing Melissa McCarthy every time I turn on the TV. Everyday, some news or variety show features McCarthy, and they always begin the interview with "You're a strong beautiful woman Melissa McCarthy.". No shes not beautiful, shes fat. Shes probably a great actress, but but being fat doesn't make her a "strong" woman.

That being said, lets discourage obesity while at the same time avoid bullying those who are overweight. Except for Melissa McCarthy, you can bully her because I'm tired of her shit.

No, fat acceptance is not a good thing. That said, particularly with regard to women, society needs to recognize the difference between a healthy weight and a stringbean. Being fat should be shamed. Being big-boned and healthy should not.

Wear a bikini whenever you want - just don't blame me when I find your body disgusting.

0691350a2841381a441348fca744e860.jpg

"As for poverty, no one need be ashamed to admit it, the real shame is in not taking practical measures to escape from it." (Pericles)

Same thing applies to being obese--it is a choice and there is shame in not trying to change it. Obviously, there are a range of body types, but the woman in that Yahoo article is simply not healthy.

I think there's probably a good balance between not fat shaming or fucking with people's self worth/body image and ignoring the obesity epidemic in America.

Agree, but I do think the balance has tipped at the moment to embracing almost everything fat simply because we are at about the apex of PC ridiculousness.

Fat girls have no business whatsoever wearing a bikini, which means about 70% of adult women shouldn't be wearing one. I don't care if they happen to have great tits. Nobody wants to see the rest of that blob of shit hanging out from under your ass or the FUPA bulging in there like it's some female cock of pride.

Back