• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is ISIS now varsity?

For sure.

But we are also handling this correctly. ISIS is nothing more than the extremist arm of a bunch of pissed off Sunnis.

Let them all kill each other. It's their land, religion, ignorance, etc. They are not worth caring about. Sorry that's the truth.

Stay on the perimeter and keep them in check. That's our move.

For sure.

But we are also handling this correctly. ISIS is nothing more than the extremist arm of a bunch of pissed off Sunnis.

Stay on the perimeter and keep them in check. That's our move.

I agree we don't want to be in the middle of this, but it isn't being handled correctly. We mangled the Libya situation and now ISIS is running the show there. We wasted half a billion dollars on "training" a handful of clowns in Syria. And why the hell are we putting 50 special forces on the ground? Purely political. It was hubris to call them JV but if we are going to stay out, let's stay out. Otherwise we have the worst of all worlds.

Europe should go straighten them out. Otherwise they will continue being overrun by muslim migrants.

Really dumb move on their part. Putin is going to have to take action to maintain his street cred. The EU and Russia can sort out that sandbox.

Really dumb move on their part. Putin is going to have to take action to maintain his street cred. The EU and Russia can sort out that sandbox.

"Let Vlad Fix It"?

P.S. I agree with Bradsky. If they want to hurl rocks at each other, let's make sure they never run low on rocks.

That's essentially what I was getting at jhmd.

That's essentially what I was getting at jhmd.

What I would really like to see is Federal Preemption of any ordinances restricting solar power generation, ten new nuclear reactors, massive upgrades to the grid's infrastructure to promote loading energy on as well as off and tax credits for wind/solar/hydro investment. To the extent we can disentangle ourselves with those parts of the world that are still lukewarm on The Enlightenment (the Middle East and Mississippi) we should pursue it. I'm sorry that hasn't happened yet.

I can't wait to care less what happens in the Middle East.

Reactions: ONW
What I would really like to see is Federal Preemption of any ordinances restricting solar power generation, ten new nuclear reactors, massive upgrades to the grid's infrastructure to promote loading energy on as well as off and tax credits for wind/solar/hydro investment. To the extent we can disentangle ourselves with those parts of the world that are still lukewarm on The Enlightenment (the Middle East and Mississippi) we should pursue it. I'm sorry that hasn't happened yet.

I can't wait to care less what happens in the Middle East.

Only problem there is Iran is going to have a nuke soon. Can't ignore them then.

Nah, but it can reach God's holy country of Israel which God told the US it must defend at all costs.

Nuking Israel destroys a lot of significant Muslim religious places also right? Plus the fallout would turn Jerusalem into Chernobyl for everyone.

Nah, but it can reach God's holy country of Israel which God told the US it must defend at all costs.

Yeah I never understood this. Why would Jesus only be able to return to Israel? I mean, he's Jesus. Wouldn't God know the blood of innocents that would have to spill to protect Israel all these years and give Jesus a little wiggle room on the whole returning thing? What is the gain for it being Israel over, say, Idaho or Winston-Salem? They're all just pieces of dirt.

There are ways to deliver it here for sure. And they hate the Great Satan almost as much as they hate Israel.

Are you picturing a suicide bomber with a nuclear bomb in a backpack, or a package being delivered to downtown any city USA?

So you can mind read crazy mullahs? You are the ridiculous one.

No, I can look at recent history and see that Iran doesn't start wars, much less be willing to start a nuclear one. That's an absurd position to take. Just absolutely absurd and based on nothing other than extreme paranoia.

Back