• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is McConnell ok?

Overall this is the kind of thing that concerns me about people in their 80's running the country. I have the same concerns with the President. There is too much at stake for people in power to be losing their train of thought regularly, or seemingly have mini-strokes. I get this isn't exclusive to advanced age, but the odds sure go up.
The presidency has a back up plan, even two or three back up plans. While I’d much rather have Biden bow out, you vibrant Kamala is there to take over if he has a stroke or whatever.

Also, fuck Mitch McConnell. That guy can go straight to hell.
I'm seriously not sure there are very many people ahead of him on the list of folks who have personally harmed American democracy. I sling a lot of bullshit on these here RJ Karl boards, but I believe this with every fiber of my being. Soulless scumbag.

I'm seriously not sure there are very many people ahead of him on the list of folks who have personally harmed American democracy. I sling a lot of bullshit on these here RJ Karl boards, but I believe this with every fiber of my being. Soulless scumbag.
Lee Atwater, Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson all also contenders

It's like Trump doesn't exist anymore.
trump may have been more harmful to the republican party, but moscow mitch and most of that list from Timmy Clutch are seriously up there (for sure Atwater and Limbaugh) for actual harm to the country.

The thing is, if McConnell steps down, his replacement could be far worse. At least he opposed overthrowing our government, although he didn't have the balls to vote to condict Trump which would have ridded the GOP of him.

John Barrasso, the senator who stepped in to get Mitch out of there, is a likely candidate to be the next GOP leader in the Senate.

Coincidentally, Barrasso is also an MD and if you listen closely it sounds an awful lot like how someone with medical training talks to someone who's demented.

John Barrasso, the senator who stepped in to get Mitch out of there, is a likely candidate to be the next GOP leader in the Senate.

Coincidentally, Barrasso is also an MD and if you listen closely it sounds an awful lot like how someone with medical training talks to someone who's demented.
Hot takes from Frosty on someone who was frozen.

The thing is, if McConnell steps down, his replacement could be far worse. At least he opposed overthrowing our government, although he didn't have the balls to vote to condict Trump which would have ridded the GOP of him.

Big disagree. It's really hard to whip votes and keep your party of lunatics in line even among the gop senate where they want to follow orders. mcconnell is really fucking good at coalescing support for shitty things.

That's true but all those assholes love those shitty things so it makes gathering those votes easier.

Back