• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is McConnell ok?

Can we offer up a 1 for 1 - they get to replace McConnell without interference and dems get to replace Feinstein keeping all committee seats, etc.

Can we offer up a 1 for 1 - they get to replace McConnell without interference and dems get to replace Feinstein keeping all committee seats, etc.

I doubt the Dems would do that bc Pelosi wants Feinstein to keep the seat warm for Schiff. If Feinstein retires, then Newsom gets to appoint a senator and he already promised to pick a Black woman (Barbara Lee). Pelosi isn’t gonna let that happen. Why? Well, you can imagine.

This country is sick.

I doubt the Dems would do that bc Pelosi wants Feinstein to keep the seat warm for Schiff. If Feinstein retires, then Newsom gets to appoint a senator and he already promised to pick a Black woman (Barbara Lee). Pelosi isn’t gonna let that happen. Why? Well, you can imagine.

This country is sick.
Which is very stupid, because we all know it should go to Katie Porter. In Kentucky, the Governor has to choose someone of the same political party to replace Mitch if he steps down, which would be pretty funny to see what yokel he picks.

Which is very stupid, because we all know it should go to Katie Porter. In Kentucky, the Governor has to choose someone of the same political party to replace Mitch if he steps down, which would be pretty funny to see what yokel he picks.
The smart play would be Daniel Cameron, Mitch's handpicked gubernatorial candidate.

There are plenty of talented folks in CA. I like Porter, but Schiff or Lee would be fine too.

The smart play would be Daniel Cameron, Mitch's handpicked gubernatorial candidate.

There are plenty of talented folks in CA. I like Porter, but Schiff or Lee would be fine too.

The nefarious play would be to get a D to party switch and then appoint that person.

Even better if he already had a Republican plant ready for this moment.

Again, I’ll make my annual case for all members of Congress to appoint a backup to cast votes in their place or take over if they resign or have to leave office.

Yeah, whoever it'll be is fine but I find the Pelosi strategy to be kind of gross. This is elder abuse.

I also think Newsome should appoint someone to replace Feinstein who doesn’t plan on running. A Dem will win CA Senate so he shouldn’t put a thumb on the scale.

And that was a rule the KY GOP made a few years ago I believe to keep KY Senate red.

Back