• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Rock Bottom when Manning says "No"?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I've never seen a search play out like this. Dude says Wake is seriously interested to leverage a raise, then goes to visit Wake and its players without agreeing to a contract. Super egg on the face if this happens (more than already exists), and I don't see any way how Wellman keeps his job longer than the minimum amount of symbolic time necessary if it does.

I don't think Manning will take this job. I don't know why anyone who had other options would take it, unless Wake just dumped boatloads of money in his lap....far more than he could get anywhere else. Because if it was just a modest amount more than he could get somewhere else, it wouldn't be worth the headaches he would have coaching here.

Wonder if Manning is aware that many WF fans on this board are already bitching about him and ridiculing him...before he has even taken the job? That's the kind of shit a coach would have to put up with if he took this job.

Have you EVER, in your entire adult life, visited an SEC football school's sports board or football stadium? Serious question. Have you?

Because, if you did, you would stop with this shit immediately.

I don't think Manning will take this job. I don't know why anyone who had other options would take it, unless Wake just dumped boatloads of money in his lap....far more than he could get anywhere else. Because if it was just a modest amount more than he could get somewhere else, it wouldn't be worth the headaches he would have coaching here.

Wonder if Manning is aware that many WF fans on this board are already bitching about him and ridiculing him...before he has even taken the job? That's the kind of shit a coach would have to put up with if he took this job.

I'm sure he's very upset, reading this board at this very minute.

Ugh. Wrong thread. I'll repost what I had here on the other one.

Last edited:
Have you EVER, in your entire adult life, visited an SEC football school's sports board or football stadium? Serious question. Have you?

Because, if you did, you would stop with this shit immediately.

So true. People who think our fans are rough are clueless. We are downright tame and civil. The billboards and ads would have come up after Year One Of Unwiped Ass at any other self-respecting institution.

This says it all about how rock bottom Wake has hit if Manning says no. Per tulsaworld.com from earlier today: "It is believed TU extended to Manning an offer that would make him the first coach in program history to make as much as $1 million annually. It has been reported former Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted], who resigned March 20, was paid at least $1.4 million a year."

That's just great when Wake rumors report as much as $3 mil they had to play with (I know Wake wouldn't toss that at Manning), but still. Face it, no one wants to come to a program that has been on life support for the last 4 years no matter what it pays.

hfJc8po.gif

At this point, I hope he says no. We're already a laughingstock thanks to Wellman, I hope the humiliation keeps piling on until he either resigns in shame or kills himself. This isn't rock bottom, this is the payoff for enduring the past four years. I hope Manning says no, Mack says no, Bobby Lutz says no, and George Jefferson says no. I hope we find Wellman curled up in a closet sucking his thumb next week. Fuck that motherfucker.

At this point, I hope he says no. We're already a laughingstock thanks to Wellman, I hope the humiliation keeps piling on until he either resigns in shame or kills himself. This isn't rock bottom, this is the payoff for enduring the past four years. I hope Manning says no, Mack says no, Bobby Lutz says no, and George Jefferson says no. I hope we find Wellman curled up in a closet sucking his thumb next week. Fuck that motherfucker.

translation: pizza buttfucks no one?????

The state of our fanbase is just miserable. Fuck the AD for letting it get this bad. I'm so sad all of this has happened.

I'd hate to take the Wake job, make millions, and compete in the premiere conference in the country.

How do you feel about this bkf?
Believed to have been among additional Manning-TU discussion topics were salary increases for assistant coaches and academic reform.

The academic issue centers on recruiting and sustaining eligibility. If Manning and Hurricane football coach Bill Blankenship are expected to compete for championships in the American Athletic Conference, there is the question whether TU – without compromising its status as an elite academic institution – would be willing to make adjustments in standards for football and basketball.

The result could be a deeper pool of athletes from which Manning and Blankenship could recruit, thereby placing Hurricane teams in a position to compete with better numbers of difference-making athletes.

Back