• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

The flag frat party fund is now over $500k. Why do I get the feeling these guys are not prepared for the people that are going to show up for this thing.
From what I've read the people sponsoring this fundraiser aren't connected to the fraternity. They claim they'll throw a party for the frat and that any money left over will go to charity. We'll see. Given previous stories about conservative fundraisers gone wrong, would it be all that surprising if much of the money ends up in the pockets of various sponsors?

pretty hard to hold the flag sacred when like 50% of conservatives rock some punisher style battered flag clothing these days.

Being upset at Isreal preventing food getting to a few million people 8 months in is pretty reasonable. taking that to the level where you're parading around in palestinian flags is a little tone deaf in a country where 1) there's 7 million jews vs 100k palestinians and 2) our last major adversary were arabs on 9/11, especially in cities like NYC or LA with huge jewish populations and/or the site of the 9/11 attacks. It's probably why the UCLA and Columbia protests are especially heated whereas the brown university protests get resolved quickly.

Last edited:
I don’t understand valuing a flag over people and free speech.

protesting/counterprotesting is so lame. I think I’d rather be back in the Middle East than at one of those. Especially one on the UNC campus.

i don't buy this hyper macho flag defense as genuine patriotism for one second

i think there may be a handful of true believers, but the rest are participating in the same in-crowd validation-seeking behavior many accuse the pro-palestinian protestors of
Good way to get noticed, though!

I don’t understand valuing a flag over people and free speech.
There’s a half a million dollar kegger and the adoration of twitter bots in it for you. now are you feeling froggy?

as I noted earlier, I live in a bubble, but almost all the Jewish people I know are pro-Palestine

pretty hard to hold the flag sacred when like 50% of conservatives rock some punisher style battered flag clothing these days.

Being upset at Isreal preventing food getting to a few million people 8 months in is pretty reasonable. taking that to the level where you're parading around in palestinian flags is a little tone deaf in a country where 1) there's 7 million jews vs 100k palestinians and 2) our last major adversary were arabs on 9/11, especially in cities like NYC or LA with huge jewish populations and/or the site of the 9/11 attacks. It's probably why the UCLA and Columbia protests are especially heated whereas the brown university protests get resolved quickly.
Tone deaf? The number of people from each side that are living in this country is not relevant to what is right. Palestine didn’t bomb us, our allies in Saudi Arabia did.

It’s not about protesters being deaf. It’s about Americans being dumb.

as I noted earlier, I live in a bubble, but almost all the Jewish people I know are pro-Palestine

I’ve yet to encounter a pro Palestine person in real life outside of this one person in Facebook friends with. That’s part of why I find these tunnels and the collection of minority opinions so fascinating, although it’s probably explained better by the majority opinions don’t bother arguing/have left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back