• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

The idea that someone protesting should stay completely out of the way and make sure they aren't inconveniencing anyone is just so obviously the mindset of someone who has never faced anything that they might need to protest against in their entire life.
well they can do whatever they like ...doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished for it if it violates a law... why is this even a conversation?

The idea that someone protesting should stay completely out of the way and make sure they aren't inconveniencing anyone is just so obviously the mindset of someone who has never faced anything that they might need to protest against in their entire life.
If they feel that strongly about it they should post on The Tunnels.

well they can do whatever they like ...doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished for it if it violates a law... why is this even a conversation?
I think breaking the law and disobeying authority is an important aspect of the protest - the disobedience part of civil disobedience. The part worth analyzing is whether people like Biff are truly dismayed by law breaking itself, or if he is dismayed because he believes in the effectiveness of direct protesting and supports laws meant to discourage it.

I think breaking the law and disobeying authority is an important aspect of the protest a - the disobedience part of civil disobedience. The part worth analyzing is whether people like Biff are truly dismayed by law breaking itself, or if he is dismayed because he believes in the effectiveness of protesting and supports the laws meant to discourage it.

I don't see much effectiveness in protesting. It doesn't seem to sustain itself very well in this great big country. And I think the January 6 protestors should have been shot in the head.

Civil disobedience comes with the risk of arrest when it crosses the line into trespassing. This isn't news.
This is true and I'm sure they knew they were going to be arrested and so you dunking on them for being arrested as if they weren't aware and obviously ok with it, in a "that'll show these lawbreakers! they'll watch out for the long arm of the law now!" way, is p. lame.

Hot take, I think civil protestors are given a lot of credit for progress that’s actually spurred on by violence and chaos.

At least Congressional staff can get back to doing their job now -- processing constituents passports.

Neither. IMO the movement was defanged by liberal politicians and clout chasing leadership. You can tell a movement isn’t going to be effective when so many people are comfortable with it.

I wouldn't disagree with you there. I might even say the protests made things worse in some areas because the racist rednecks felt like they had to come out against them.

Okay, then what was the last successful political protest, violent or otherwise, in the US ? I really don't know. No Nukes !!??!?!

Anybody notice the rhetorical difference between “Hamas attack” and “Humanitarian crisis in Gaza”. The passive voice is a dead giveaway every fucking time

At least Congressional staff can get back to doing their job now -- processing constituents passports.
I was interning for a House Rep in DC when the tea party started gaining steam. It got really annoying opening tons of envelopes with tea bags in them, and I swear I came up with calling them "teabaggers" first, but the Congressman's staff asked me to stop.

I wouldn't disagree with you there. I might even say the protests made things worse in some areas because the racist rednecks felt like they had to come out against them.

Okay, then what was the last successful political protest, violent or otherwise, in the US ? I really don't know. No Nukes !!??!?!

Define successful.

Israel just blew up the 3rd oldest church in the world - Christian Church of Saint Porphyrius. Completely leveled with 400 sheltering inside.

Let me guess? The church blew itself up? Or it was the Viet Cong?

Last edited:
Back