• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

2021 - Protests in Chile result in the writing of a new constitution
2020 - Protests in India move the government to repeal farm law changes that hurt small farmers
2020 - Protests in Argentina lead to the legalization of abortion
2020 - Guatemala - protests against school budget cuts force the government to restore funding
2019 - protests in Puerto Rico force the resignation of Governor Rosello
2018 - March For Our Lives helps enact stricter gun laws in Florida (not enough, but moved the needle more than had previously been done)
1971 - Occupation of Alcatraz - led to more self-determination by Indiginous tribes
1969 - Stonewall Riots let to nearly all gains for LGBTQ rights
Not trying to move the goal posts but I meant in the US. I don't even remember March for Our Lives.

[not to derail and I think we've talked about this before] I will say, many large modern American protests do seem be more about catharsis than having clear demands. Those that have are organized, have clear demands, and are disruptive are the ones that tend to be more successful. It's also why deference should always be given to local, grassroots organizers who are about change on a daily basis.

If you don't think the BzzOut movement was a beautful example of grassroots protesting leading to effective change, then I don't know what to tell ya.
It was all those toilets in the Joel parking lot that finally convinced Wellman to fire Bzz.

I haven’t been bothered by Biffs posts on the thread so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Even trying to put aside my opinions on Israel and Palestine, i thought Biden’s speech was poor. It seemed too forced to tie this conflict to Ukraine.

Bro what the fuck, just fucking annex that shit already you maniacs

Congrats, Biff. You’re our new jhmd.

Makes sense. Just keep pushing the purity test further and further back until there's no one left here who doesn't agree with you, aside from some Hannity-watcher who can't help himself.

Back