• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

A far-left member of the Israeli parliament was suspended Wednesday for remarks that include saying Israel "wanted" the deadly terror attack by Hamas and allegedly comparing government plans for Palestinians to the Nazis' "Final Solution."

Ofer Cassif was suspended from the Knesset for 45 days and will lose two weeks' pay over his inflammatory statements, according to Israeli news reports…

i think it’s been hateful and incorrect for people, posters on this thread included, to dismiss the protestors of this war as just “leftists” and “arabs”. There are prominent Jews and Israeli citizens protesting this war and demanding peace - a ceasefire. Families of the hostages, families and victims of the Hamas massacre are calling for peace and being attacked for it, American Jews are protesting, losing their jobs, and getting arrested calling for peace. It’s not acceptable to erase the diversity of the protestors for the convenience of a pro war argument.

Can you imagine the parents of a hostage being called collaborators and traitors for speaking against Netanyahu? That’s where we are at right now.

Ok. Its 99% leftists and Arabs. There can’t be peace until ya smoke out a lot of the guys who did it hiding underground.

Why even have a military if your country gets attacked and you lose 1,500 citizens in a day and your response is “yeah, sorry for all the shit we did leading up to that, let’s talk about a ceasefire”

Last edited:
Ceasefire? Who needs a god damn cease fire? They have no history of accomplishing anything. Let’s keep launching missiles and throwing rockets at each other trying to get to the few thousand of people on both sides who’s hate started all this mess and not care about the few hundred of thousands of innocent people in the middle. Why have a military if ya can’t knock the shit out of somebody and punish their sorry asses until they bleed. Retaliate; they kill 1 of ours, we’ll kill 10 of theirs. It’s that kind of war mongering, horse shit attitude that has made this world a real shitty place to live in lately. When is enough, enough?

Last edited:
i think it’s been hateful and incorrect for people, posters on this thread included, to dismiss the protestors of this war as just “leftists” and “arabs”. There are prominent Jews and Israeli citizens protesting this war and demanding peace - a ceasefire. Families of the hostages, families and victims of the Hamas massacre are calling for peace and being attacked for it, American Jews are protesting, losing their jobs, and getting arrested calling for peace. It’s not acceptable to erase the diversity of the protestors for the convenience of a pro war argument.

Can you imagine the parents of a hostage being called collaborators and traitors for speaking against Netanyahu? That’s where we are at right now.
It’s as hateful and incorrect to suggest that some who is against Hamas actions and supporting Israel is a facist nutjob.

I say this with every attempt at being as respectful as possible. MDMH I think you have a blindspot in that you paint with as broad strokes on those who disagree with you as you decry in this post above.

I get I’m gonna have someone post the ironic “Both Sides!” Thing. In this case I truly believe there is a ton of nuance and there is a space to say Israel acts as an apartheid state towards Palestinians AND Hamas is a vile terrorist organization.

windy - We’re never going to be able to have an honest respectful debate about this topic when you insist upon dishonestly reducing viewpoints to “pro hamas” or “pro Israel” and falsely implying that i’ve called you a fascist.

You are still somehow frustrated with a post I made about Israel creating a fog of war, and then falling victim to unsubstantiated accusations of war crimes. Your response was “just don’t trust Hamas?!”. That’s you reducing an argument. Not me.

I’ll reiterate for emphasis - my post was about the diversity of the movement for peace and ceasefire, and recognizing the many brave Jewish and Israeli people who are protesting this war.

Last edited:
windy - We’re never going to be able to have an honest respectful debate about this topic when you insist upon dishonestly reducing viewpoints to “pro hamas” or “pro Israel” and falsely implying that i’ve called you a fascist.

I’ll reiterate for emphasis - my post was about the diversity of the movement for peace and ceasefire, and recognizing the many brave Jewish and Israeli people who are protesting this war.
I think where we fundamentally disagree on the topic is in what i perceive from you as assignment of blame. What I read from your posts is that you blame the Israeli government for the whole thing, either directly or indirectly. And it feels like your posts are intent on proving that out. I believe both Israel and Hamas bear full responsibility here.
If I am reading your posts wrong I apologize and would love to go have a beer or 3 and discuss live vs a message board (becasue that's where real understanding can take place)

Where i believe we 100% align is neither the Israeli or Palestinian people deserve any of this shit and this war is despicable regardless of who is to blame.

I do not understand why anyone thinks a ceasefire would solve anything. It would just give Hamas time to regroup until they do it again. At the risk of sounding overly pessimistic, this will end when one side destroys the other.

All of these countries piling in to direct their citizens to get the fuck out of Lebanon as fast as possible doesn't sound great

Yeah the delay in the ground invasion of Gaza I think is nothing more than shoring up North Israel defenses because when it does happen Iran has instructed Hezbollah to attack Israel from the north. After that who knows what will happen.

I do not understand why anyone thinks a ceasefire would solve anything. It would just give Hamas time to regroup until they do it again. At the risk of sounding overly pessimistic, this will end when one side destroys the other.
And Israel will continue their violent oppression

Back