• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Yeah - not sure if that's how they asked the question, but if so, that's a completely flawed poll.

If you asked "do you support genocide?" I would expect most would say no.

I think it’s sensationalist and extrapolated from the poll question asking about an unconditional cease fire verse a cease fire only if Hamas is removed from power.

Also, following the OGB - there's a small encampment on the Quad. Sounds like admin met with them at 4AM to try to get it resolved and moved to another area by a certain time. Not sure where it stands now.
They were given until 7am to leave the quad and then police were called in. Not sure where things stand now.

They've shut down the quad cam, btw.

Per the OGB Twitter feed, Provost Michele Gillespie just went to the encampment to discuss a draft of a written agreement. I would assume that would be an understanding of the protest and perhaps moving it to another part of campus.

But isn't one of the goals of protesting to connect struggles facing one community to the larger world?
I think this passage from “Freedom is a Constant Struggle” by Angela Davis is a good response to your question -

IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0283.jpeg

What a weird thing to poll. Who actually support Hamas?
Apparently, a majority of Palestinians. And even worse, "Despite the devastation, 57% of respondents in Gaza and 82% in the West Bank believe Hamas was correct in launching the October attack, the poll indicated."

Apparently, a majority of Palestinians. And even worse, "Despite the devastation, 57% of respondents in Gaza and 82% in the West Bank believe Hamas was correct in launching the October attack, the poll indicated."

Not really that surprising that Israeli actions over the last 6 months would breed more anti Israel sentiment amongst the people Israel seems to be trying to exterminate.

Back