• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Not really that surprising that Israeli actions over the last 6 months would breed more anti Israel sentiment amongst the people Israel seems to be trying to exterminate.
That will be another unfortunate result of this catastrophe. It's still reasonable to be bothered by a (large) majority believing that the October attack was justified.

That will be another unfortunate result of this catastrophe. It's still reasonable to be bothered by a (large) majority believing that the October attack was justified.
Right, but if you took that poll a week after the October attack the results probably would have looked a lot different compared to 6 months after the attack. Israel's actions have effectively proven Hamas point.

[Just to be clear I am not saying the October attack was justified.]

It's still reasonable to be bothered by a (large) majority believing that the October attack was justified.
I get stuck on this, because I don’t think it’s right that Palestine/Gaza/Hamas aren’t allowed to attack Israel while Israel’s attacks on Palestine are not only allowed, but subsidized.

my only point is that it’s important we acknowledge that the Oct 7th attack was viewed and planned as retaliatory within a decades long conflict.

my only point is that it’s important we acknowledge that the Oct 7th attack was viewed and planned as retaliatory within a decades long conflict.

And that it was a terrorist attack that was assisted with Iranian funding, training, equipping, and coordination.

And that it was a terrorist attack that was assisted with Iranian funding, training, equipping, and coordination.
Please describe a scenario where Gazans could militarily attack or retaliate against Israel that you wouldn’t label as a terrorist attack. As a bonus challenge - please respond without using a rhetorical question.

Please describe a scenario where Gazans could militarily attack or retaliate against Israel that you wouldn’t label as a terrorist attack. As a bonus challenge - please respond without using a rhetorical question.

Gun battle at a new settlement on the West Bank.

Now, describe the October 7 as something other than a terrorist attack.

The West Bank is a different enclave with a different government - the Palestinian Authority. I asked you about Gaza.

No, you said Gazans. But you're right. I see no real scenario, where the people of Gaza could enter Israel and murder civilians without it being a terrorist attack unless they were in a hot war, like they are currently. And even if they replicated the Oct 7 attacks today, they wouldn't serve any military purpose. They'd just be terror attacks.

No, you said Gazans. But you're right. I see no real scenario, where the people of Gaza could enter Israel and murder civilians without it being a terrorist attack unless they were in a hot war, like they are currently.
So if Hamas somehow managed to mount an attack on Israeli soil tomorrow and ended up killing some civilians, you would not label it a terrorist attack since they are currently in a war?

I find that incredibly hard to believe

So if Hamas somehow managed to mount an attack on Israeli soil tomorrow and ended up killing some civilians, you would not label it a terrorist attack since they are currently in a war?

I find that incredibly hard to believe

I edited my comment after you quoted. But if an attack has no military objective other than to antagonize the populace and government and murder civilians, then what would you call it besides a terrorist attack ?

I edited my comment after you quoted. But if an attack has no military objective other than to antagonize the populace and government and murder civilians, then what would you call it besides a terrorist attack ?
Well then Israel has committed a fuck ton of terrorist attacks in the past 6 months by the Biff definition.

Well then Israel has committed a fuck ton of terrorist attacks in the past 6 months by the Biff definition.

Are you really that fucking stupid. Israel has a clear military and political objective in Gaza.

I completely understand that you may not agree with their methods.

Are you really that fucking stupid. Israel has a clear military and political objective in Gaza.

I completely understand that you may not agree with their methods.
So how can Gazans defend themselves from Israel's "clear military and political objective" in a way that's not terrorism?

Back