• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Some people also want to deny that Israel imposed a apartheid state on the Palestinians before October 11th and the ongoing assault and death of Palestinian civilians is not a proportional response.
Also, Hamas offered to return all hostages to avoid a ground invasion.

I’ve posted about this before, but the label of terrorist is a rhetorical tool that denies rights by withholding legitimacy.
What kind of tools are suicide bombers, raping and murdering civilians on purpose, and strapping bombs onto children? I only see one side doing those.

feels like the logical conclusion of preferring order over chaos gets you Pizzagate and deep state runs America

Perhaps I am not correctly interpreting MDMH's response to my post several pages ago: "I get stuck on this, because I don’t think it’s right that Palestine/Gaza/Hamas aren’t allowed to attack Israel while Israel’s attacks on Palestine are not only allowed, but subsidized." To me, this means he thinks that Hamas should be "allowed" to attack Israel in such a way. I'm not quite sure who is doing the "allowing" or what that means.
I'm not going to put words in mdmh's mouth, but I object to the premise because neither Hamas nor Israel should be allowed to attack each other, and the US certainly shouldn't be subsidizing it.

What kind of tools are suicide bombers, raping and murdering civilians on purpose, and strapping bombs onto children? I only see one side doing those.
putting aside the hypocrisy, I’m more interested in how the methodology of committing violence captures your anger vs sympathy. The IDF as we speak are using machine gun drones literally controlled by an AI algorithm with a relatively high error rate. How does that compare to suicide vests?

The problem is the Palestinians haven’t gotten their shipment of F16s, long range missile and other super advanced US weapons platforms, yet

Yeah I hope that the terrorist organization Hamas does not receive those types of weapons because we all know how they will be used.

this is a good example of a post that doesn't seem to deserve a good faith response because it already assumes an answer, imo.
There is a false moral equivalence being thrown around in this debate. I don’t care what you think my post deserves.

There is a false moral equivalence being thrown around in this debate. I don’t care what you think my post deserves.
Your post (#3,383) seems to elide the deaths of children directly at the hands of IDF forces and more generally at the long-term occupation and blockade of the country, but I could be wrong.

They might bomb hospitals of innocent people or something. I’d hate to think that we contributed to that.
Bombing hospitals sounds really bad when you leave out the terrorist group Hamas using those hospitals as their bases for that exact reason.

Back