• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

I would love to study authoritarian epistemology. Certain people get such satisfaction and enjoyment from the enforcement of authority in general. I would almost be jealous of that if I didn’t find it so weird and pathetic
there's a phd program for that

yeah but then he'd have to be a sociologist (lame, much science) when he could be a rhetorician (cool, much art)

I thought it was obvious! I’ve been very interested in theories of language and the different ways it can be manipulated since I learned about yellow journalism in middle school.

I thought it was obvious! I’ve been very interested in theories of language and the different ways it can be manipulated since I learned about yellow journalism in middle school.
welcome to the field of rhetoric/communication

you would probably enjoy the thinking and coursework required for a graduate degree in rhetoric. if you like the writing part and have original ideas, you'd probably really enjoy a phd.

Unfortunately, grad school is tough to swing for people with families because they'd probably pay you right at minimum wage.

Bombing hospitals sounds really bad when you leave out the terrorist group Hamas using those hospitals as their bases for that exact reason.
Are they still being used as hospitals as well? Then they have every responsibility to avoid as many civilian casualties as possible. Tactical assault teams to clear them out instead of indiscriminately bombing the whole building. Probably more effective as well. Maybe more dangerous to the trained soldiers that sign up for those positions, but better a few active combatants over dozens or hundreds of civilians.

Are they still being used as hospitals as well? Then they have every responsibility to avoid as many civilian casualties as possible. Tactical assault teams to clear them out instead of indiscriminately bombing the whole building. Probably more effective as well. Maybe more dangerous to the trained soldiers that sign up for those positions, but better a few active combatants over dozens or hundreds of civilians.
didn't they announce what they were going to hit days in advance?

Unfortunately, grad school is tough to swing for people with families because they'd probably pay you right at minimum wage.
But it will all pay off when I start getting that sweet sweet substack money.

To hide behind civilians, fire rockets from the hospital, and to blame Israel when they attack the hospital.

So based on your logic, the people who claim “they goaded us into killing children from many miles away” are the good guys?

Back