• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

biff is definitely funnier than moonz, not even close

but the bkf turn is pretty sad to see

I appreciate the discussion of this matter and the links that have been provided for further education and enlightenment.

People have been fighting wars and killing each other over this area of the world for thousands of years. Justice and morality have no part to play in this story. Death is death, regardless of the means by which it comes. Killing is killing no matter the form. All the major players in the current conflict worship the same deity, a deity that condems killing. It continues nevertheless. Israel won't achieve its goals until it possesses, occupies and controls the land between the Jordan river and the Mediterranean Sea. Arabs won't achieve their goals until they possess, occupy and control that identical piece of real estate. No compromise will settle this dispute and even if either party were to accomplish their objectives, the losing party will never accept it. The fact that the present combatants have been in conflict for the entirety of my life is the basis for my opinion.

I suspect Israel will attempt to reoccupy the Gaza strip. If it were in my power I would give the Palestinians a place to live they could call their own and live peaceably. It's not in my power and I haven't heard anybody, anywhere offer to do so. If the hostilities escalate (and they could) I hope they are confined to the Middle East. These are dangerous times and our world seems to lack leaders of temperance and sound judgement.

I posted this statement on 10/16/23. The hostilities did escalate. I am still of the belief that Israel intends to occupy Gaza regardless of cost. It is the only course of action that explains their behavior.

I hope I’m wrong but these Hamas sympathizer protestors gonna be even more mad when they swing election and re-elect Trump.
Having something to gripe about politically seems to be one of the major motivations so it's kinda a win/win

Leadership allowed the concert to happen with advance knowledge. Right? They knew where rockets would come from.
The cynic says that Bibi, who was losing power and facing corruption charges, knew this attack was planned and allowed it to be carried out, so he could start a war with Gaza and stay in power.

One person's cynic is another person's pragmatist. Or something. Bibi is completely corrupt and had lead their government down the same path. At least he's got 'Merica to pay the bills and whitewash everything.

Serious cash. Some frat needs to go take down the Israeli flag flying at the governor's mansion in New York. This is AMERICA! NEVER BACK DOWN!

$372K. Event planner named Susan hired. GoFundMe has dispatched a team member to help make sure the money is used as intended, which is a big ass party.

Back