• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ivory Tower Idiots

deac85

Reaction score
My son is a freshman, and the administration apparently screws-up everyday. Already, they've lost all of his IB information, and although it's been provided 3 times, they still can't find it. Now they are asking for his senior transcript, and this has already been sent as well. And they've lost his health report, which I spent $200 on and have sent twice.
I called the person in administration to try to clear all of this up, and she said she can't talk to me, that she has to talk to my son.
Why in the hell am I paying $65k for this BS? I could have sent him to a state school for $20k and been treated better than this.

Assuming you're actually paying the insane tuition and not securing loans, I'll just throw this out there for ya.

Suppose you paid $20,000/year for junior's education and took the balance of $45,000/year and parked that in a bond fund with junior's name on it. You're already spending it.

Fast forward and Junior would graduate with a four degree and almost $200,000 in the bank which could be compounded for 40 years and he would retire a multi-millionaire.

Zero debt, four-year degree and well on his way to being a millionaire by 30.

Nah... that's just crazy talk! Go Deacs!!!!!

Although I love Wake, I'm a complete idiot for letting myself get screwed like this. UVA is $20k for in-state, and Wake isn't 3 times better than UVA.
One day very soon, this model of complete lunacy is going to breakdown, and most overpriced private schools are in deep shit.

I'm not sure that the staff in the Registrar's office and low-level administrators are included in what the IVORY TOWER is supposed to connote.

Assuming you're actually paying the insane tuition and not securing loans, I'll just throw this out there for ya.

Suppose you paid $20,000/year for junior's education and took the balance of $45,000/year and parked that in a bond fund with junior's name on it. You're already spending it.

Fast forward and Junior would graduate with a four degree and almost $200,000 in the bank which could be compounded for 40 years and he would retire a multi-millionaire.

Zero debt, four-year degree and well on his way to being a millionaire by 30.

Nah... that's just crazy talk! Go Deacs!!!!!

Yeah but then your son is just going to spend the $200K at Wal-Mart.

jorts23.jpg

Well, I guess I was wrong 
I just don't belong 
But then, I've been there before 
Everything's all right 
I'll just say goodnight 
And I'll show myself to the door 
Hey, I didn't mean 
To cause a big scene 
Just give me an hour and then 
Well, I'll be as high 
As that ivory tower 
That you're livin' in 

'Cause I've got friends in low places 

Where the whiskey drowns 
And the beer chases my blues away 
And I'll be okay 
I'm not big on social graces 
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis 
Oh, I've got friends in low places 

Although I love Wake, I'm a complete idiot for letting myself get screwed like this. UVA is $20k for in-state, and Wake isn't 3 times better than UVA.
One day very soon, this model of complete lunacy is going to breakdown, and most overpriced private schools are in deep shit.

UVA and Wake are about the same in quality of education.

I'm not sure this still holds, but back in the day, UVA had seriously hot women. Much hotter than Wake. UVA was probably Top 10 in the country hot at that time.

Yeah but there aren't any ivory tower idiots at UVA.

I call dibs on Ivory Tower Idiots for my punk-ska band name.

using ivory as a construction material is bourgeois and NOT sustainable, guys. typical blue blood shit.

I think UVa is more likely to be filled with ivory tower idiots than Wake. Sounds like 85 was just dealing with your garden variety puddin-pants mofuggies.

Well, I guess I was wrong 
I just don't belong 
But then, I've been there before 
Everything's all right 
I'll just say goodnight 
And I'll show myself to the door 
Hey, I didn't mean 
To cause a big scene 
Just give me an hour and then 
Well, I'll be as high 
As that ivory tower 
That you're livin' in 

'Cause I've got friends in low places 

Where the whiskey drowns 
And the beer chases my blues away 
And I'll be okay 
I'm not big on social graces 
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis 
Oh, I've got friends in low places 

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tsywake again.

Back