• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ivory Tower Idiots

Although I love Wake, I'm a complete idiot for letting myself get screwed like this. UVA is $20k for in-state, and Wake isn't 3 times better than UVA.
One day very soon, this model of complete lunacy is going to breakdown, and most overpriced private schools are in deep shit.

in

Although I love Wake, I'm a complete idiot for letting myself get screwed like this. UVA is $20k for in-state, and Wake isn't 3 times better than UVA.
One day very soon, this model of complete lunacy is going to breakdown, and most overpriced private schools are in deep shit. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep sending checks.

Addendum.

But seriously, change starts with not paying and opting for lower cost alternatives.

my boss pays $50k a year per kid for his kids to go to middle school.

Assuming you're actually paying the insane tuition and not securing loans, I'll just throw this out there for ya.

Suppose you paid $20,000/year for junior's education and took the balance of $45,000/year and parked that in a bond fund with junior's name on it. You're already spending it.

Fast forward and Junior would graduate with a four degree and almost $200,000 in the bank which could be compounded for 40 years and he would retire a multi-millionaire.

Zero debt, four-year degree and well on his way to being a millionaire by 30.

Nah... that's just crazy talk! Go Deacs!!!!!

lolz

Back