• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jela Duncan might start Sat...and cheers. Most importantly cheers

ronin1409

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up on my Quinshad Davis post....

You chose..... and you chose wrong.

Let's welcome our newest and most well knowned winner of this week...... Turncoat award!!!!

JELA DUNCAN!!!

Come on down mofo.

Let's see how you play ball against a legitimate D-I school.

I'm out.

I've never met anyone named Jela. Is that a girls name? Does Duke have a chick playing RB?

I'm not mad at him, he's getting a Duke degree and he's starting as a freshman. Quinshad is another story.

True,

He did not fuck us over as bad as Davis but..

he's still a true freshman back.. let's put the hammer on him.

Our team should be pretty well game planned for Duke's rushing attach, we have to know Jela better than any other team in the nation.

The kid is starting. At Wake be would be redshirting and squarely behind both Harris and Martin on the depth chart.

Top Ten school academics-wise and he gets to start as a True. Hard to argue with that. . .

I hope he sucks as badly as Q Davis did against us

He's leading the team in rushing and attempts. i think he ran for 100+ yards last week.

He had 9 rushes for 88 yards, including a 58 yard run. Duke's rushing game is woeful. They only really had success after they wore the defense down in the 4th quarter. 20 attempts for 153 yards overall (7.7 YPC). He's behind Thompson and Snead at the moment but both of them are a little dinged up so he may get some serious PT on Saturday. I think he's their best RB and wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

He had 9 rushes for 88 yards, including a 58 yard run. Duke's rushing game is woeful. They only really had success after they wore the defense down in the 4th quarter. 20 attempts for 153 yards overall (7.7 YPC). He's behind Thompson and Snead at the moment but both of them are a little dinged up so he may get some serious PT on Saturday. I think he's their best RB and wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

We've been woeful against the run, so it will be interesting to see who is "woefuler.":thumbsup:

Duke is 107th in the country in rushing yards per game at 112.75 yards. That's against FIU, Memphis, NCCU and Stanford. Without the Stanford game they would be at 141.3 YPG, which would be 89th.

We rank 121st in the country in opponent rushing yards per game at 265.50 yards per game. Without the Army game we would be at 211 yards per game against the run (105th in the country).

Yeah...both of us are awful in the respective categories. Duke couldn't get anything going in the first half against Memphis' in terms of running the football and they rank 105th in rushing defense.

ETA: This is probably the homer in me but I think our numbers are absurdly inflated right now because we have faced the 1st and 8th best rushing teams in the country up to this point. It's hard to know at this juncture whether or not that is because of our rush defense or just because Army and FSU are that good at running the football. I think it's the latter because against UNC (87th in the nation in rushing), we held them to 157 yards on 42 carries (3.74 ypc), and while that was without Bernard they still had Blue, who is a pretty good back in his own right.

Last edited:
Duke is 107th in the country in rushing yards per game at 112.75 yards. That's against FIU, Memphis, NCCU and Stanford. Without the Stanford game they would be at 141.3 YPG, which would be 89th.

We rank 121st in the country in opponent rushing yards per game at 265.50 yards per game. Without the Army game we would be at 211 yards per game against the run (105th in the country).

Yeah...both of us are awful in the respective categories. Duke couldn't get anything going in the first half against Memphis' in terms of running the football and they rank 105th in rushing defense.

ETA: This is probably the homer in me but I think our numbers are absurdly inflated right now because we have faced the 1st and 8th best rushing teams in the country up to this point. It's hard to know at this juncture whether or not that is because of our rush defense or just because Army and FSU are that good at running the football. I think it's the latter because against UNC (87th in the nation in rushing), we held them to 157 yards on 42 carries (3.74 ypc), and while that was without Bernard they still had Blue, who is a pretty good back in his own right.

At this point in the season, its possible they rank 1st and 8th because they got to run against our defense. Hard to tell.

Considering FSU ran for 287 yards against Clemson (385 against us), and Army ran for for 486 vs. Northern Illinois (429 against us), I think it's a combination of both.

Those rushing attacks will likely finish top 15 in the country, while we will finish boderline top 100.

The resistible force meets the movable object.

Our run defense is terrible. UNC would have won the game if they kept running the ball instead of getting cute. That's what they get for hiring an "offensive genius."

I think Duke will run for around 100 yards. Anything more than that and we are in trouble because it means they can pass and run against us with good frequency.

Back