• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Julius Peppers' UNC Transcript Posted

All schools are going to have majors that are easier than others. And students are free to pick those majors. It's the nature of the subject matter to some degree. Communications? There's just no way you are going to make that type of subject matter as challenging as Accounting. Sociology? After wrapping up my history major at Wake I decided to get a double major in sociology. It was interesting. The classes generally involved the same amount of work as econ, english, history, etc. And you could immerse yourself in all manner of detailed thought if you so desired. So it wasn't a fraud department by any means. But let's be honest, it was pretty darn easy. The entire subject matter - regardless of the class you were taking - could be summarized by citing authors who told you one of two things - (a) sometimes people co-operate, or (b) sometimes people fight. A lot of high minded theorhetical rhetoric was placed around that basic summary. Really interesting, but not especially challenging.

The point wasn't that AFAM is a Cake major, the point was that a large majority of the football and basketball team have all been encouraged to major in the same thing for over a decade. That's not a coincidence. The woman quoted said she was was "fascinated at the longevity of the clustering" Most of those former athletes aren't pros, and all they have to show for 4 or 5 years at UNC is a semi-worthless AFAM degree where they were given grades for no-show classes, or their tutors did their work for them. That is not only a complete disregard for the NCAA, it's also a shame that UNC basically denied all those (black) student-athletes the real college education they were promised. I'm sure that a lot of Wake's football and basketball players take the least-difficult majors, but the ones that seek out the most difficult degrees are given a hell of a lot of support. I really doubt that Carolina gives their athletes that same encouragement.

Last edited:
This pic has been going around my UNC friends' on Facebook. I really want to cleverly comment something about their academics, but it would violate my "no Facebook arguments" self-imposed rule.

523324_10151121422066100_916373863_n.jpg

At least they're better at sitting than Fab Melo...

FabMeloChair.gif

The point wasn't that AFAM is a Cake major, the point was that a large majority of the football and basketball team have all been encouraged to major in the same thing for over a decade. That's not a coincidence. The woman quoted said she was was "fascinated at the longevity of the clustering" Most of those former athletes aren't pros, and all they have to show for 4 or 5 years at UNC is a semi-worthless AFAM degree where they were given grades for no-show classes, or their tutors did their work for them. That is not only a complete disregard for the NCAA, it's also a shame that UNC basically denied all those (black) student-athletes the real college education they were promised. I'm sure that a lot of Wake's football and basketball players take the least-difficult majors, but the ones that seek out the most difficult degrees are given a hell of a lot of support. I really doubt that Carolina gives their athletes that same encouragement.

it is a cake major.

Wake has Learning to Learn.

Wake has a class IIRC that is taught over the summer session II for incoming athletes where they learn what not to do with technology/how to handle school and stuff. I think it's a one hour credit. WakePhan probably knows more about this. I may be misremembering as well.

Yes, Wake has "Learning to Learn", though i'm not sure that it is restricted to athletes. I did try to take it senior year after getting into graduate school, but they wouldn't let me take it.

@slmandel
The NCAA concludes no violations in UNC academic scandal. This actually happened.

@slmandel
Long story short on NCAA's "conclusion." UNC, unlike Penn St, didn't make the evening news.

@slmandel
So feel free, schools of America, to make up fake classes and let your athletes take them. As long as you nail that APR score!

@GoodmanCBS
Still trying to grasp the fact that NCAA announced no violations broken in UNC's academic scandal. Makes no sense.

But Peppers just made another $10 million dollars in his settlement with the university.

lol

@MRudolphComedy
Photo: Prof Julius Nyang’oro and students are shown celebrating the NCAA's ruling on possible academic fraud at UNC

A1pChXZCIAAiVM4.jpg

As I stated many times on the Penn St thread, the NCAA can't even police the things they are actually supposed to be policing yet everyone is ok with them being the moral police. Complete joke of an organization that played to the mob in an effort to act relevant.

I think from now on, we should just refer to unc as "The Lance Armstrong of College Athletics."

BTW I have been over to Pack Pride to keep up with some of this stuff from time to time and apparently there is some weird stuff going on with posters and scout. Posters being banned by scout, threads disappearing apparently outside of their mods control. Some talk of powerful people being involved. Interesting.

BTW I have been over to Pack Pride to keep up with some of this stuff from time to time and apparently there is some weird stuff going on with posters and scout. Posters being banned by scout, threads disappearing apparently outside of their mods control. Some talk of powerful people being involved. Interesting.

Yeah Scout isn't going to allow threads to stay on there that have contact information for posters from any websites. Scout doesn't wanna be liable for any of that.

Back