• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky Derby- Post Position and Morning Line Odds

This is a strange Derby. Usually people are worried about a fast pace. There isn't much pace other than Danzing Candy. Normally, there's one, maybe two deep closers. These are horses who don't mind being last for most of the race. This year there are five or six. There could be more traffic problems at the back of the pack than up frint this year.

We're live in the early Pick 4 with a 7/1 winner. He was 5th in the betting.

Next race is 1/5 or 1/9 Tepin.

Tepin wins as expected at 1/5.

We've got 4 horses in the next race including a tribute to Bmoney- Kobe's Back

Oh well......a horse that lost by ten to two these horses just won.

This track is lightning fast.

I am getting killed today. I guess that's why they call it gambling.

Rj what's the derby sleeper pick

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I took Destin, Outwork, and Moyhamen all to win. Then I boxed them all with Nyquist for exacta and trifectas.

I took a flyer on Suddenbreakingnews... Of course today, it would be Suddenbreakingnews if I cashed a ticket.

This may be a first. I can't remember ever having a day when I didn't cash at least one ticket.

Total Bet $264 (adding the fun bets)

$40 win = $132
$5 exacta = 76.50
$1 tri = 87.60
______

Total $295.20

$31.20 profit.....I should have listened to myself :cool:

Hit the trifecta key with Nyquist over Creator, Ex, Gun Run, Mohay and Outwork. Don't think the payout would have been too much bigger if Mohaymen was able to sneak past Gun Runner at the end. Spent another $10 on exacta boxes with Nyquist and 2,3,9,14 and 15 (all missed). So total bet of $30 for $87.60 in winnings. Thanks RJ. That will buy a nice bottle of wine that the wife and I will enjoy together!

Cool, you're welcome.

Have fun....toast the day.

Too bad no one took the plunge and turned my Tri box into a Super High 5. That would have paid over $5700 for $1.

Don't be suckered into thinking Exaggerator would have caught Nyquist if they had farther. It wouldn't have happened. Nyquist was geared down to save something for the Preakness. Nyquist went insanely fast for the first half mile. He also made two moves (getting out of the gate, then drawing off mid-stretch) versus one move by Exaggerator.

Unless Songbird runs in the Preakness, Nyquist will be under even money.

Too bad no one took the plunge and turned my Tri box into a Super High 5. That would have paid over $5700 for $1.

Don't be suckered into thinking Exaggerator would have caught Nyquist if they had farther. It wouldn't have happened. Nyquist was geared down to save something for the Preakness. Nyquist went insanely fast for the first half mile. He also made two moves (getting out of the gate, then drawing off mid-stretch) versus one move by Exaggerator.

Unless Songbird runs in the Preakness, Nyquist will be under even money.

Exaggerator will win the Preakness

Exaggerator will win the Preakness

It's a shorter race. The margin yesterday was very deceptive. First of all, the pace won't be as insane in Baltimore. At the point when the Preakness would have ended, Exaggerator was over five lengths behind. He has raced against Nyquist four times and Nyquist has never seen Exaggerator in the stretch.

Exaggerator has tried every strategy against Nyquist and has failed every time. He's run with Nyquist. He's stayed just behind and came out of the clouds. None has worked. Being second best at this level still means your horse is worth millions.

I'm guessing Sharp Azteca will jump up and into the Preakness. I hope Songbird will as well.

Back