• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KJ & NFL Combine Thread

Very impressive numbers for him, if he gets his 40 time down, he could probably move himself firmly into the first round and maybe into the teens. As it stands, a very legit bottom first/top second round pick. Keep it up KJ.

I'm not a draft expert so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong but if Kiper and McShay can make a bunch of guesses with over half being wrong, so can I.

One of the analysts at the combine said he was the most NFL ready of all the CBs.

So the first thing that came to the minds of several Wake fans on here is not that it's exciting to see KJ out there but instead it sounds like he's similar to two other Wake guys who were busts?

Sounds about right.

I'm very excited to see KJ out there performing and hope he goes on to have a great career but I would be lying if I didn't think about Phonz or Currys lack of success, at some point.

Looking at recent history and facts is all. Gotta keep reminding myself of Calvin pace and not aaron curry/Phonz as successful high draft pick

Looking at recent history and facts is all. Gotta keep reminding myself of Calvin pace and not aaron curry/Phonz as successful high draft pick

That's fine as long as you and others realize that Pace, Curry, and Smith have fuck all to do with Kevin Johnson.

That's fine as long as you and others realize that Pace, Curry, and Smith have fuck all to do with Kevin Johnson.

Also means that draft experts are wrong all the time, like bigtime wrong.

Can I get a LOWF ruling on this? I'm thinking yes.

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Clawson needs to get back into MD. Camp and KJ both came from there. Do work, fellas.

His short shuttle and 3 cone times could very well push him into the first. Between those and the jumps he shows he has extremely good short area quickness, the ability to change directions quickly and the ability to explode out of those cuts which are obviously critical traits for a CB. With his good but not great 40 and added muscle, I'd say he has a 50/50 shot to go in the 1st now. He definitely helped himself a ton today. Very happy for him.

40 times for the five CBs drafted in the first last year ranged between 4.37 and 4.51.

Back