• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: UNCC 49ers -- ESPNU Sunday 6pm

What do our coaches and players do between March and October? Wright shot an unorthodox moon ball last year and guess what— he still shoots an unorthodox moon ball. I’m finally ready to fire Randolph as our shooting coach. I can’t watch Wright jack up that 22% chance of going in moon ball for 4 years. And what’s worse is that he has the green light to shoot it at crunch time.

He had to take the shot. I do wish he had better outside shooting support in these scenarios.

He did. Kid named Massoud. Hit the three to tie the game in regulation. Unfortunately, Manning put him on the bench with 42 seconds remaining in OT. Inspired move by DM.

There is some talent on this team. Perhaps not great ACC talent, but Manning refuses to play it. Would take Charlotte's coach and bet we could afford it even paying the $18 million to Manning

This will all be over soon enough. The problem is there is no guarantee we'll be better in 2 years. At least we can't be worse.

He did. Kid named Massoud. Hit the three to tie the game in regulation. Unfortunately, Manning put him on the bench with 42 seconds remaining in OT. Inspired move by DM.

I know. I’m not disagreeing with you. I meant with who all was on the court at that time.

Having Sharone and Mossoud taking 3's in the last minute is prob not what coach Wooden would have drawn up, despite Mossoud actually making his 3.

Why was Sharone on the floor in the last minute ?

I don't think ChrisTheDeacm89 is a parody at all. He is just supporting the players on this team, somewhat blindly I might add, and understands Manning is not the guy for the job, not now and not 5 years ago. He is right about one thing, we have no control over whether Manning stays or goes so beating this dead horse will not delay or speed up his firing (note I am not suggesting we quit slamming Wellman or Manning). It pains me that Currie is a personal selection by Wellman and he will be reluctant to change anyway at LEAST until the end of the season, if even then. Our basketball program is in a twilight zone type of nightmare that just keeps recurring for the last 10 years and most have grown apathetic to a once proud and once relative sports program at Wake.

I don't want Manning replaced mid-season. That opens up the possibility of some dead cat bounce and then the AD would be pushed by some blue hairs to hire the interim coach because they can't imagine life without Childress on the bench. No thank you. Let him finish this last dumpster fire of a season.

Watched the game late last night... Did not realize I was signing up for overtime when I started.

Not much to say that hasn't already been covered.

I get the frustration w/ Childress, but he was the only reason we were in the game down the stretch. Wasn't a fan of his last shot with so much time left, but we've shown zero ability to get good end-game shots in the Manning error.

So predictable that Sarr would struggle in this game after his strong showing against Columbia. Oguama getting 2 quick fouls probably didn't help... That meant he basically sat the entire 1st half and Sarr was dragging. Not an excuse... The guy should have the conditioning to play 30+ minutes. He's super soft on the offensive end. He'll never be a 5. Manning is trying to do to Sarr what he did w/ Dinos (bulk him up, turn him into more of a post player)... But it isn't happening.

Johnson should not see the floor. Also not sure why Wright got so many minutes last night... Maybe he plays great defense and I just don't see it? It sure isn't because of his shot. The clanked wide open corner 3 from Wright was a killer. It was weird because we ran a decent little offensive set there and ended up w/ that shot? Makes much more sense if it is Brown or White in the corner.

I don't understand why Massoud is sitting. Neath made some mistakes tonight, but he should be able to play through them... Johnson is not a player at this level and Neath should get those minutes.

The whole thing is frustrating. A wasted season w/ (hopefully) an inevitable result at the end.

Would wager that Currie was given explicit instructions that he would do nothing to embarrass or otherwise show up Wellman, before he was given the AD job.

I don't want Manning replaced mid-season. That opens up the possibility of some dead cat bounce and then the AD would be pushed by some blue hairs to hire the interim coach because they can't imagine life without Childress on the bench. No thank you. Let him finish this last dumpster fire of a season.

Agree 100%

Play out the season and then clean house. Immerse the entire program in a few million gallons of bleach

One final thought... For all of those that seem surprised that we lost to Charlotte, we were only a 2.5 point favorite.

Charlotte is clearly trending in a positive direction in season 2 under Ron Sanchez. We, on the other hand, suck.

I don't think anybody is suprised we lost to Charlotte. We have lost to Liberty, Delaware State and Houston Baptist in the Manning era. It doesn't make it acceptable.

I don't think anybody is suprised we lost to Charlotte. We have lost to Liberty, Delaware State and Houston Baptist in the Manning era. It doesn't make it acceptable.

Reading the thread this morning, there were a number of posters that seemed to think that losing to Charlotte was beneath us. It probably should be, but as you point out, there have been FAR worse losses.

My point was more that Charlotte may suck, but we are bad and not improving. They are bad, but at least have an identity... Sanchez has them playing defense. Their personnel still largely blows, but he's brought in some pieces through transfer to make them better.

The fact that this was a very minor upset is yet another reason why we need to move on from Manning ASAP.

There is some talent on this team. Perhaps not great ACC talent, but Manning refuses to play it. Would take Charlotte's coach and bet we could afford it even paying the $18 million to Manning

This. Manning was THOROUGHLY out schemed, out smarted, out coached, out played. Manning would be a middling middle school coach. He has to be the most inept coach I've ever seen. His teams consistently look like a rec league group. It's all one-on-one, dribble, dribble, dribble - turnover, turnover, turnover. When all else faisl just jack up a 3 and run done court to get back-doored for a layup.

Yea. He actually deserves to finish out this last dumpster fire of a season. Don't let him off easy.

I keep chuckling in my head about Massoud hitting the 3 to send it to OT.

I mean, what goes on in Manning's head?

"Need a big shot here... Better bring in that new guy that has barely played all game. He's got stones."

<shot goes in>

"Great coaching Danny... Let's bury him on the bench again for the rest of the game. Now what can I do to sabotage OT? Johnson is too obvious... Let's have June handle the ball a lot more than he ever has before."

Back