• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LifeSaver Book - Great or Greatest Stocking Stuffer?

PhilliesDeacs

Reaction score
vintage+sweet+story+book.jpg

i'm partial towards Christmas themed Pez dispensers but thats more of a tradition thing
6513324175_936ec45a67_z.jpg

the life saver books were pretty bawse

we always got an orange and chocolate coins and PEZ.

that said, i think lifesavers are one of the more underrated candies and i love the books.

I get one of those in my stocking every year because my dad always got them growing up. I never finish even one roll. I'll send this years to you, Philliesdeac!

I think this was the first post I have seen from Philles where he is being positive about something in months.

Loved those and the chocolate oranges.

oh man.

the chocolate oranges are so good. TJ's has them; i got cookie butter instead.

When I worked at Eckerds they would get peppermint chocolate balls. Same shape as oranges/same idea but no orange flavor - just pepperminty chocolately goodness. Those were so damn good and I've never seen them anywhere else.

loved the LifeSavers books! my stocking used to have one of those but hasn't lately. My stocking staples are a clementine, jar of olives and some magazine subscription notifications.

loved the LifeSavers books! my stocking used to have one of those but hasn't lately. My stocking staples are a clementine, jar of olives and some magazine subscription notifications.

That sounds absolutely miserable. No offence, of course.

i'd be OK w/ some magazines. Real Simple, Women's Health, and something else- triathlon or running.

santa quit doing stockings for us around the time that my brothers moved to NYC and we stopped celebrating christmas on christmas morning (now we just work around my bro's flight schedule. sometimes before christmas, sometimes after). we mostly just got socks, candy, and underwear. but i seriously miss having stockings :(

stockings are pretty much the only thing we still do; mom's all about the random little things to put in them.

last year i was boycotting Xmas, but J emailed mom and asked what to put in a stocking; he nailed a smartwool sock to the wall and put in an orange and some chocolate coins. it was awesome.

In my family, the adults stuff all of the stockings, for each other & for the small fry. It is so much fun to find something little, but fun, to put in everyone's stockings. Even my dad has a good time with it, and he has been known to be a humbug at times. We can usually count on 5 $1 scratch-off lotto tickets from my BIL and there are always a collection of airplane bottles in each adult stocking. :)

Back