• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOTR: The Rings of Power

weird question but wearing full plate armor, like all the time, while on a ship traveling seems dangerous and uncomfortable, no?

I just got to the end of episode 6 this morning and wow

I guess I've kinda looked past a lot of the flaws with the show for the same reason I geeked out so hard on the Force Awakens -- when those x-wings fly in low over the water, I stop caring about how bad the dialogue or stiff the acting is.

This show has had a lot of moments like that for me, with the scene at the end of ep 6 being jaw dropping cool, if absolutely impossible/dumb/whatever.

The show is fun. I get why Tolkien purists or even average fans might not like it. But it's fun and cool.

and for the record I don't think Galadriel is that bad of a character, but obviously we can only hit this same note for so long

As good as e6 was, e7 is an absolute mindless slog that really doesn't extend the story at all. They are obviously going to jam a ton into the season finale and the cliffhanger will.be revealing who Sauron actually is.

e7 is a tough watch man oof

been generally pleased with everything so far but yikes

Glad I'm not alone. It felt like they needed an hour of filler to get to e8.

Don’t they need to spend an episode showing the aftermath of the lands biggest volcano blowing ?

I know there’s a thousands year leap between this and LOTR but I always liked the origin story that Sauron destroyed the land of Mordor by his magical evil and by industrial overworking it.

I know there’s a thousands year leap between this and LOTR but I always liked the origin story that Sauron destroyed the land of Mordor by his magical evil and by industrial overworking it.

I think these sorts of points tends to be why RoP seems to be more fanfic to me. There are moments where they seem to have it all right from plot/canon, to themes, to world building, and moments that seem like they pillaged online LOTR forums for weird story ideas.

I think Adar and his tunnel building/forest destruction is close enough to Mordor's origin story that I am ok with it. But this whole mithril and the elves health thing is really bothering me. The only thing that might redeem that is if it proves to be some sort of Sauron deception to ruin both elves and dwarves. But otherwise it destroys a whole lot of evlish mythos and their immortality/intentional choice to stay in Middle Earth to fight evil

the reason you hate it is that no one fucking cared about how or why mithril is magic. we can believe the elves when they say it is.

"what's your name? just Han...by yourself? So you're Han Solo?"

finally finished e7 and....im not sure what everyone is so angry about. It was just fine, much like the rest of the season. It was an Episode After Big Events and unwinds stuff that happened in e6.

what didn't people get from the episode that they wanted?

except i did lol when they changed the name of the Southlands at the end. pretty cheesy

finally finished e7 and....im not sure what everyone is so angry about. It was just fine, much like the rest of the season. It was an Episode After Big Events and unwinds stuff that happened in e6.

I agree with this when it comes from the unwinding of Episode 6

Im just still a bit miffed about the doubling down on mithril as elvish life force. But I guess I will have to get over it. Otherwise I have no problems with the episode

yeah, we're really sticking with mithril heals plants or something.

the show has a weird way of making epic events feel small, and not in a good way

Yeah, not angry, Ep 6 was great and Ep 7 was a bit of a hangover mainly just by comparison. But in the long view of the series, I think it will end up having some important pieces. Durin's "betrayal" of his father, Galadriel saving Halbrand, Isildur emergence as a hero/leader, and the meteor man being followed by those creepy fire starters has some substance to it.

bronwyn's theme is so damned corny. everytime she's on screen with Arondir it feels like i'm watching a telenovela

I watched on Friday so I'm going off memory

how did Galadriel and lil homie get separated from everyone after the smoke had cleared so much that they needed a full day-night-day to rejoin

Mithril stuff but with more savior magic

just a lot of pathos - so many tears and awful shit happening crammed together that it felt like a tough watch idk like even the heroic parts ("we're coming back") were held down by tears

duh Isildur isn't fucking dead what a dumb tease that's rolling over to the next episode

yeah the Mordor reveal was cheesy especially since it was kinda obvi and then the text oof

Gandalf getting blamed for shit that's not really his fault is kinda running out of energy for me but it seems like they've moved past that finally

King of Southland hurt so bad he needs elvish medicine and then next scene dude is up and getting on a horse to take a seemingly substantial journey - at least have someone be like "are you sure you wanna get up??" so the injury seems at least somewhat

idk man just my thoughts

I liked the stubbornness of the Dwarf king tho good stuff under the mountain this ep but I hope Balrog is more than just tease

Back