• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville

UGA's academics aren't bad. They're ranked about the same as MD and significantly higher than NCSU.

Okay. And their football coach keeps Athens defense lawyers stocked with business. Win-win.

Ga Tech and Va Tech made sense for a variety of reasons. Syracuse, BC and Miami make sense other than distances from the core of the league. FSU never really made sense other than to broaden the football profile of the league. Pitt and Louisville are just fillers in the conference expansion race with decent to good sports programs.

Edited to clarify possible misperception that SU, BC, and Miami were not good academic schools. Issue with them, to me, was distance more than academics. Perhaps not clear.

Last edited:
For years whenever West Virginia was mentioned as a possible addition to the ACC everyone scoffed because, though they are a reasonably good geographic fit, their academics were not close to fitting into the ACC profile. Then we admitted Louisville and the credibility of that argument went right out the window.

The ACC is the best academic power conference in the country, and adding Louisville did not help keep that distinction. Sure. But some of the other schools are excellent. Syracuse has the Maxwell School and Newhouse, which is one of the top two journalism schools in the country, plus a great basketball history. They were a great fit. I see nothing wrong with Pitt or Va Tech. However, I could have done without Miami and Louisville.

Miami gets a bad rep for it's fatigue wearing football players of the 90's but it's a good school.

I just don't give a shit. I enjoyed the time when the ACC had 8 teams in the 80s- it was a fun conference to watch. But it was also fun to watch the Cosby Show and Cheers and know that like 30% of the american population was watching those shows with you. It used to be nice when a girl would go through the effort of snapping a Polaroid of herself to let you see her naked. Things change.

The ACC now is not necessarily better or worse, it's just different. And without adding teams as we have done, there would no longer be an ACC. If letting go of the intellectual superiority high ground was a cost of keeping the ACC in business, that's life. I enjoy Wake being in what is probably the best basketball conference in the country again, as well as being in a nationally competitive football conference. I'd rather be in this situation than be Davidson, William & Mary, or fucking UConn. If dealing with Louisville is the the price to pay for Wake to have this situation, I'm fine with it.

I just don't give a shit. I enjoyed the time when the ACC had 8 teams in the 80s- it was a fun conference to watch. But it was also fun to watch the Cosby Show and Cheers and know that like 30% of the american population was watching those shows with you. It used to be nice when a girl would go through the effort of snapping a Polaroid of herself to let you see her naked. Things change.

The ACC now is not necessarily better or worse, it's just different. And without adding teams as we have done, there would no longer be an ACC. If letting go of the intellectual superiority high ground was a cost of keeping the ACC in business, that's life. I enjoy Wake being in what is probably the best basketball conference in the country again, as well as being in a nationally competitive football conference. I'd rather be in this situation than be Davidson, William & Mary, or fucking UConn. If dealing with Louisville is the the price to pay for Wake to have this situation, I'm fine with it.

Well said.

Miami gets a bad rep for it's fatigue wearing football players of the 90's but it's a good school.

Some of you guys really don't know about anything outside of the state of North Carolina. Miami, BC and Syracuse are all good schools and fit the ACC academic profile. Louisville was the reach.

Last edited:
BC is a very good school. I don't know much about Cuse except I'd never want to go there/live there.

Some of you are forgetting that we admitted Dennis Godfrey into MSD.

Just wait until the university's independent audit results come out! Rumors are that the president of the school will be on his way out.

I enjoyed the road trip to Louisville for football this past season. Nicer than College Park. Will go back. Nice addition!

Perfectly said.

Stop being old white dudes

Back