• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Ingram was ranked 116 in his class and wasn’t even a top rotational player for Wake. He would be a top tier manning recruit as well.

Yep. He was higher ranked than Brandon Childress. Imagine if we had just handed the starting job to Jeremy Ingram (yes I realize we had CP3).

Things are about to restart in this country. The hoops coach carousel won't be the first thing back but it will happen.

Yep. Donnie has absolute, unrestrained power. He’s a tantamount to a king under the Constitution. Full steam ahead on May 1!!

Things are about to restart in this country. The hoops coach carousel won't be the first thing back but it will happen.

No they aren't. Go talk to a doctor. Of medicine.

As soon as we can do a million tests a day, we can restart.

Do we have effective treatment drugs, vaccine or??? to allow this to happen safely?

DR got a heads up from Senator Burr "to buy, buy, buy"....

Last edited:

If it opens in the next month, the next version of Covid will be much bigger. No opening until massive testing.

If it opens in the next month, the next version of Covid will be much bigger. No opening until massive testing.

That's probably true; but unless America reopens soon there will be much less to reopen than before.

Yeah, if we don't reopen my Memorial Day the country will vanish.

That's probably true; but unless America reopens soon there will be much less to reopen than before.

If America opens soon, then there will be fewer Americans then there would be otherwise.

Do you value economic well-being over human beings, mebane?

If America opens soon, then there will be fewer Americans then there would be otherwise.

Do you value economic well-being over human beings, mebane?

I'm not defending DR or Mebane on this, because I don't think we're all that close to reopening, but regardless of who is making the decision and when it gets made, there is always going to be an economic component to this decision. At some point, cities and states are going to start telling people they can leave their home again and some number of people are going to get sick and die as a consequence. There is no scenario where we wait until the risk is 0.0% before we start letting people leave their homes. There is a certain amount of risk that comes with living and enjoying our lives, and we all know and accept that. Its the same reason we don't have a nationwide 20 mph speed limit even though it would save a ton of lives.

For those that want to discuss Manning's "character", as a reminder he is fighting for every penny from an AD that wants to fire him for his terrible job performance, meanwhile other coaches around the country...

5% is a pretty bullshit concession for a guy making $3MM/year

For those that want to discuss Manning's "character", as a reminder he is fighting for every penny from an AD that wants to fire him for his terrible job performance, meanwhile other coaches around the country...

Not to mention, as far as I'm aware (maybe there's an example out there somewhere), in 6 seasons he has never pointed the finger back at himself or his staff first. It's ALWAYS about the players not doing what he told them to do, transfers, injuries, etc. Too many people conflate being a nice guy who doesn't say dirty words with having good character. They aren't the same.

Back