• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

UNLV beat Georgia Tech in the Final Four. That team had three NBA players: Kenny Anderson, Dennis Scott, and Brian Oliver.

Loyola Marymount(11) and Ball State(12) destroyed the West Region racket before UNLV dispatched them both on the second weekend.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the last team to have three players averaging more than 20 PPG for the entire season.

And this is why it's better to be one and done in the NCAAT vs. winning the NIT. TCU vs. GT in the NIT final. The buzz here is deafening.

Does it matter? You play whoever is in front of you. At the end of the 3 weeks, they won't write an explanation or put an asterisk beside their name. It will just say: Gonzaga 2017 NCAA champs

Of course it doesn't matter. I was making a joke you clearly missed.

I've always considered something along the lines of Streetball Dunkers vs. NBA. But if you think about it, it would never happen because it's a conflict of interest to the League, commissioner would never allow it. We all know that Streetball Dunkers are better than NBA dunkers, having a competition like that would make the NBA look bad and take away its credibility. I'm sure someone in the league HAD to have brought up a similar idea (JVG even talked about it on air during all star weekend years ago); but commissioner probably never allowed it. There's no way any NBA players would participate besides maybe some 3rd string bench players. NBA players have so many more aspects of their game to worry about other than dunking. They'd have to prepare for the season, conditioning, fitness, contracts, skills and etc while the street dunkers would have basically all year to prepare for it. Problem is you can go on youtube and find plenty of people who are better dunkers than any NBA player. It's better how it is because we get to watch players we know/like/hate do this stuff in ADDITION to being great at basketball. That's the marvel of it. The problem is letting fan vote decide everything. Edit: I wouldn't mind letting D-League players to have a chance if they are really good enough. (You would have to eliminate fan voting to make it fair though.)

And this is why it's better to be one and done in the NCAAT vs. winning the NIT. TCU vs. GT in the NIT final. The buzz here is deafening.

I generally agree, but there's definitely something to be said for experience at winning lose-and-you're-done games, regardless of the prominence of the event.

I generally agree, but there's definitely something to be said for experience at winning lose-and-you're-done games, regardless of the prominence of the event.
I think we should adopt the model of the Champions League soccer tournament and have the NCAA losers parachute into the NIT. Lose in the play-in game and you're only six wins (24 more quarters) away from the NIT trophy!

Wish they'd just incorporated these NIT tournament rules into the NCAA tournament this year. No-brainer improvements.

On another Gonzaga note: ESPN reports in an article online about their "merc" rolling off the shelves with this Final Four run, Collegiate Licensing Company, owned by IMG College says they are on pace to beat their record of $3.9 mill from 10 years ago which generated $319,000 in royalties. The only Power 5 school that they beat in licensing revenue: you guessed it--Wake Forest.

Pretty amazing finish. UConn got outworked. SC vs MSU in the Final Four. The SEC owns basketball this season.

More like the entire state of SC owns college sports this year with clem' s son football Natty and the cocks killing it in men's and women's hoops. :bowdown:

Last edited:
More like the entire state of SC owns college sports this year with clem' s son football Natty and the cocks killing it in men's and women's hoops. :bowdown:

And they took down the rebel flag from the statehouse recently while NC added HB2. SC on the incline, NC on the decline

Kenny Smith and Barkley on the pre-game is just embarrassing.

USC Cocks in Final 4

Lady Cocks gonna win Nat Title

Clemson football natty

Coastal Baseball natty

No more rebel flag

Hurricane of the century wipes out eastern NC, not SC

HB2

I guess NC did win the Shrine Bowl.

Back