• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

I like how Peter Luger has become Le Bernadin in this thread. It is like if the team went to Ryan's in W-S.

Though this is now a board meme, for sure.

if only there were a recruit named peter luger

Has a 13 win ACC team every been left out of the NCAAT?? :confused:

Guess we'll soon find out....

Clearly the pollsters understood our league and our team better than we did. 23 wins/ 13 conference wins not good enough to make the top 25. COY and POY awards didn't help our season, or our reputation. If anything many folks are snickering about us tonight.

When you shit the bed, everything gets scrutinized.

Very disappointing day.

Credit to BC.

I can’t believe the vitriol and garbage being spewed tonight. Steve has coached this club to 23 wins and this is the thanks he gets

The fanbase is clearly desperate for something good and, despite today's outcome, this year has been good. Which makes the disappointment that much worse...

The fanbase is numb to continued post season failures. Can we even imagine having a game like the cuse did today?

Just explain to me why Forbes wasn't given a time out on our last possession in regulation. He asked for it and the official did not grant it.

The ACC COY will lead our Deacs into the Barclays Center to play BC in Game 5 of the 2022 ACC Tournament. Here is an update on the WF opponent and the KP Projection:

Link to the previous BC scouting reports: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/33285-MBB-Game-21-BC-LJVM-Monday-6-pm-ACCN

Last WF/BC matchup: WF throttled BC 87-57 on January 24. The ACC POY led WF that night with 20 points, 7 boards and 7 assists. Five Deacs scored in double figures: Davien 12, LaRavia 11, Walton and Sy had 10. Also, Carter Whitt had his most productive ACC game of the season that night with 6 points in 2 assists in 16 minutes. BC had a miserable offensive game against WF shooting 26% from 2, and 24% from 3. 7 footer Quinten Post led the Eagles with 13 points. WF's 30 point drubbing was BC's worst loss of the season. WF is better than BC, but the Eagles won't play that poorly on Wednesday in the ACCT.

BC season update: After the WF loss, BC went 4-9 with two wins over Pitt, a home win over FSU and a road win at NC State. BC was generally competitive down the stretch. In addition to the 4 post-WF wins, BC lost OT games at ND (99-95 - BC led by 5 with less than 4 minutes left) and at GT in the regular season finale. After losing to WF, BC also stayed reasonably competitive in losses to Duke (72-61), UNC (58-47) and Miami (81-70).

BC forward TJ Bickerstaff is just returning for injury; so, BC essentially plays with 4 guards on the floor at all times with either 6-9 James Karnik or 7-0 Quinten Post up front (note that both Post and Karnik started against Pitt in the ACCT and each scored in double figures; if BC tries that big lineup against WF; would expect Jake to have a big day as neither Karnik nor Post can cover Jake). The Eagles' leading scorers are the Langford brothers (Makai averages 12 and DeMarr 11). BC third leading scorer is freshman guard Jaeden Zackery, who has played well recently scoring in double figures in 4 of BC last 6 games. BC is the worst shooting team in the ACC as the Eagles rank DFL in effective FG% (46% - WF is first in the ACC at 57%) and in 3 point FG% 28% in ACC games. BC did shoot 46% from 3 (7 for 15) in the ACCT win over Pitt.

Projection: KP projects 76-66 WF win in 68 possessions. BC is a scrappy team with a solid coach in Earl Grant. They limit possessions and hustle on D. That's a good resume for tournament success, but not this year, and not against this WF team. This game arguably matches up the best offensive ACC team against the worst ACC offensive team. WF has matchup advantages all over the floor. A slow WF start would not surprise me as the Barclays Center will likely be dead for this matchup. Even so, WF is rested and motivated as a win may lock up an NCAA bid. Expect the line to be 11+, don't like the WF side as BC will fight for 40 minutes, and Forbes may use his bench liberally as WF may have to play multiple games on consecutive days. I would lean under if the total is 142 or more. Deacs win, and will play in an ACC quarterfinal for the first time in 15 years, can that possibly be correct?

No. :tear:

The whole day was WTF?

Alondes with two guns from deep and not attacking at all in the first half

Dallas and Sy both playing like dogs hit after playing great (I would have put Marsh in and told him to keep Post out of the post

Isiah ?????

David played like he was scared.

Jake missing two clutch free throws Lord Jake!
Man man with no timing

Sucked

The whole day was WTF?

Alondes with two guns from deep and not attacking at all in the first half

Dallas and Sy both playing like dogs hit after playing great (I would have put Marsh in and told him to keep Post out of the post

Isiah ?????

David played like he was scared.

Jake missing two clutch free throws Lord Jake!
Man man with no timing

Sucked

Who is David?

Won't watch Packer & Durham tomorrow.

While Wes thinks that a 13-7 Wake team is already in, Packer had us out with a loss today.

Clearly the pollsters understood our league and our team better than we did. 23 wins/ 13 conference wins not good enough to make the top 25. COY and POY awards didn't help our season, or our reputation. If anything many folks are snickering about us tonight.

I know I've caught alot of crap about our POY and COY tonight. :(

Edit: Here's to them being wrong that we're on the outside looking in.

Last edited:
It’s crazy to me that an ACC team that went 23-8 (13-7) in the regular season would even have to waste one moment’s thought on getting in the tournament. Used to an ACC that won 18-19 games and went .500 in the league got in more often than not.

By the way, it’s the hardest part of tax season and the one thing I had to brighten the next few days was the thought we might a little run in the ACC tournament, oh well.:rulz:

It’s crazy to me that an ACC team that went 23-8 (13-7) in the regular season would even have to waste one moment’s thought on getting in the tournament. Used to an ACC that won 18-19 games and went .500 in the league got in more often than not.

By the way, it’s the hardest part of tax season and the one thing I had to brighten the next few days was the thought we might a little run in the ACC tournament, oh well.:rulz:

I agree. i think we are in bc hit some clutch shots and we just did not have it going. Inside game was not there and Daivian did not shoot well but still if we shoot foul shots we win

This is different than the last decade. Except for 2017, WF has had zero expectations heading into the ACCT. Even 2017, WF lost to a worthy VT team. Losing to a rebuilding BC team that had played the day before and is lacking in comparable talent is really unacceptable. If WF blew a 10 point lead with 6 minutes left against Gonzaga, that would be bad enough, to do it against a BC team that is in rebuild mode and not a top 100 team is nauseating.

That 2017 team would've mopped the floor against this team. The ACC was the top conference that year. This year the ACC is 7th. John Collins getting 0 votes for ACC player of the year while Alondes winning is a perfect representation in the discrepancy in talent between those two seasons.

Back