• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MD's Parting Words: WFU

That site is pretty crappy, the guys that run it are nice guys but....yeah.

I'm sad to see Maryland go. I liked playing them and respected their teams and their charter membership in the ACC. Their fans were assclowns, but I don't value Louisville anywhere near as much -- even if they're a better athletic proposition. Maryland's decline in football made them a good rival for us that is now gone, replaced by an "L" (Louisville/Loss).

Jeff Teague comments on Maryland's departure.

Fucking trash can ho bags, fuck them and their ghetto commuter school, looking like it was built for the Soviet Russian Olympic games. What has Maryland ever given the ACC that we couldn't just picked up from a dirty toilet seat.

What has Maryland ever given the ACC that we couldn't just picked up from a dirty toilet seat.

duke-kid-crying1.jpg

I have not yet met anyone who did not welcome the Maryland-Louisville swap. Ironic that they call Wake irrelevant when they are entering their own era of irrelevance in the Big 10. I guess they'll always have their "look at me!" uniforms though
joker+playing+card.jpg

Va Tech will keep the ACC relevant in DC - I guess the Va legislature knew what they were doing after all.

2 years ago they also thought Texas A & M and Mizzou were irrelevant in the SEC. Things can change in college sports in a big hurry. Big 10 football just is not that good so getting up to speed there won't be hard. In about 5 years the money in the Big 10 is going to be huge because of the cable households--might be somewhere upwards of $40+ million per year per team estimates put it.

2012 article--It's estimated that the Big Ten's annual payout could increase to between $30-35 million per year, nearly double the ACC's $17 million payout.

April 2014 article--Negotiations for the next Big Ten television contract haven't started, but that hasn't stopped the league from projecting revenue for the 2017-18 academic year — the first year of the new deal.

In a document obtained by the Journal & Courier through an open records request from Purdue University, 12 of the 14 schools are projected to receive $44.5 million each through the league's distribution plan.

So Big 10 football is going to suck (Md could be relevant), AND everyone's going to watch it? (huge payouts) Sounds like a recipe for implosion.

Penn St and Maryland have not been good at the same time. One will kill the other in recruiting. Putting them in the same conference makes it even more so.

Lots of respect for Nikita Whitlock, as well as Duncan and Chris Paul (obviously)

I, for one, will not miss MD. never did like them.

Maryland and the Big 10 lucked out with the Aereo ruling guaranteeing that they will be able to get those revenues through cable. Otherwise the Big-10 and other sports networks could have had their whole model disrupted.

The Big 10 TV deal gets bigger every time it gets brought up.

Fucking trash can ho bags, fuck them and their ghetto commuter school, looking like it was built for the Soviet Russian Olympic games. What has Maryland ever given the ACC that we couldn't just picked up from a dirty toilet seat.

Fortunately for us, we replace like for like.

Last edited:
Some of the most infuriating games in WF football have been against MD. In '81 Gary Schofield passes for a (then) NCAA record 500+ yards, and we lose. In '87, Wake opens 5-0 and then loses to MD 14-0 in a game so boring that I actually dozed off sitting in the stands. In '93, John Leach rushes for 329 yards yet Caldwell manages to find a way for us to lose. Good riddance to the Twerps.

Personal injury lawyer in the Triad somewhere, I believe.

Back