• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Memories of MSD

Freshman year, had a bio lab during the finals of the 1995 ACC Tournament. We had the radio on to listen to the game. Not much work was done. Lab ended and the game was almost over, we all stayed because we were afraid we'd miss the end if we tried to get to a TV. When the buzzer sounded, I just remember hauling ass up to the quad with a big bookbag full of heavy biology books on my back. So awesome.

Why were you in lab on a Sunday?

^I'll provide a converse anecdote.

I rode a bus all the way to that shithole, Tallahassee, to watch Wake decimate FSU 30-0.

That season, I also rode a bus to Raleigh, Chapel Hill, College Park, and Jacksonville (all wins, can you imagine?). And then I boarded a plane to Miami to attend the Orange Bowl. That was a magical fucking season.

Yeah, I ended up going to 12 out of the 14 games that season, missing UConn and Ole Miss. It was my Sophomore year, probably my best year at Wake.

There were a lot of Sunday night labs when I was at wake. As a freshman class picking priority was low so they were hard to avoid.

Kinda remember puking on the old well at unc. Good times.

It was before my time, but one of my best memories was Chill shooting over Grant Hill to win at Cameron and then throwing his gum at the Crazies.

Watching WF win the ACCT in basketball twice was freaking amazing. And lots of wins over Duke. Great every time.

Spending Spring Breaks and Post Exams digging tunnels for a week every year was pretty great.

Going to UNC for Halloweens was pretty great. UNC girls really liked Wake guys.

Parties with Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts were big time.

Back in the days of having a team to which you were emotionally attached.

I remember crying at the end of the Great 8 game against Ok St when Chill had to sit on the court during free throws.

That was a Sweet 16 game. OSU went on to beat UMass to get to the FF, I think.

I have a lot of good memories. Most involve being high as a kite or drunk as a skunk.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned love of substances are a big reason why I didn't make it to some big hoops wins during my 4 years there. I would always make it to the football games, though, since there would be alcohol. Best football win was without a doubt beating Clemson in 1992. Clemson was the only name program in the conference at that point other than FSU, who was in its first year in the ACC. We hadn't beat them in years. The goalposts came down (almost breaking my leg in the process) and were carried out of the stadium. We got to that little stretch between the RJR building and University where there were woods and couldn't get through, so we just dropped them there. I actually had a bit of the goalposts that I gave to a frat brother for safekeeping, but the dipship just gave it to the first person who asked for it on the way back to campus. We then went on to win an exciting Weedeater Bowl over Oregon to cap the season.

Lots of memories of hanging at Sauratown Mountain (which I thought was Sour Town all this time) under the influence. Also used to get baked and take nice strolls through Davis Field and the woods and into Reynolda Gardens.

That was probably my most devastating loss of any team in any sport.

That one was horrible, but even worse was the loss to West Virginia. We had the best player in college basketball (CP3) and a legit Final Four team.

I have a lot of good memories. Most involve being high as a kite or drunk as a skunk.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned love of substances are a big reason why I didn't make it to some big hoops wins during my 4 years there. I would always make it to the football games, though, since there would be alcohol. Best football win was without a doubt beating Clemson in 1992. Clemson was the only name program in the conference at that point other than FSU, who was in its first year in the ACC. We hadn't beat them in years. The goalposts came down (almost breaking my leg in the process) and were carried out of the stadium. We got to that little stretch between the RJR building and University where there were woods and couldn't get through, so we just dropped them there. I actually had a bit of the goalposts that I gave to a frat brother for safekeeping, but the dipship just gave it to the first person who asked for it on the way back to campus. We then went on to win an exciting Weedeater Bowl over Oregon to cap the season.

Lots of memories of hanging at Sauratown Mountain (which I thought was Sour Town all this time) under the influence. Also used to get baked and take nice strolls through Davis Field and the woods and into Reynolda Gardens.

todd dixon had two amazing touchdown catches in that game

OSU was by far the most devastating loss. That team really could have won it all.

My most endearing memories of being a Wake fan were listening on the radio to the WFU/Georgia game with my dad and watching Wake beat Depaul.

The ACC tournament and ACC title Orange Bowl were great, but those kid memories are the best.

Jumping off the roof of Johnson the day before Christmas break onto the 3rd floor balcony with no shoes in and cause of the lack of shoes ended up dislocating my shoulder and having to go to the hospital. It was like 10AM.

Watching a dude drive a golf ball over Reynolds from in front of bostwick

Awesome - made it to the State, Maryland, ACCCG, and OB that year. All great games to be at.

Cleveland State was also my Wake waterloo because Wake got awful after my first couple years.

You were in the marching band?

I don't know how Pittsnogle has come to represent that WVU game - it was Mike Gansey who destroyed the team.

Back