• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf - Central Regional

Who the hell neg rep'd me for my post? I was clearly joking around, you tool.

Looks like we are going to end the day 9 shots out of 6th but 16 shots out of 5th. Assuming that 5 teams advance, it looks like we are done.

Much better round today - 6th best round in the tourney today. With a good round by Harrison or Keiser, we really could have shot lights out today. Depth seems to be our main issue - we often have 2 or 3 good round but our 4th score almost always drags us down.

Looks like big holes hurt us again - Harrison shot +6 with 3 dubs and Varol shot +2 with a trip!

Depth is where expensive private schools have a hard time. It is easy to pull in 1-3 great players with scholarship money but when you are trying to pull in those next few guys and asking them to foot most of the bill themselves, that becomes a harder sell.

Where are all the country club kids whose parents can afford WFU? It's not like we are talking football.

The K State player does look like he might be able to help us.

You have to be pretty damn wealthy for Wake tuition price not to matter.

People that don't understand why Wake is at a disadvantage in golf make me laugh.

Any sport where fully funded scholarships aren't the norm.

Baseball, golf, track...

At least most non-revenue sports get the full scholarship amount...track doesn't even get that.

Even at that, public schools get the benefit of state tax breaks.

Back