• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

19 putts through 9 holes or Will could easily be 2 or 3 under, hitting the ball so well so that's a positive.

made the turn 1 over with the 19 putts he's on pace to have an almost impossibble putt total. whether on in regulation or trying to get up and down he's taking a minimum of two putts.

Well, it doesn't appear Will Zalatoris is hurt.

After shooting 76-76-76 to finish DFL among the 40 golfers on the top 8 teams in the NCAA Tucson regional, Zalatoris shot 74-71 in the PGA Byron Nelson Classic with no practice rounds essentially just showing up Thursday morning and playing. While Zalatoris will not make the cut, he will finish ahead of several PGA tour players including Carl Pettersson, Ken Duke and Peter Malnati. If Zalatoris is on his game, WF has a legit shot in a week at the NCAA Championships.

He played a total of 21 holes today (finished last three and then played his second round). He parred the first hole he played, bogeyed the next three, and the parred the final 17 holes of the round.

He's 20 and putts with the claw. Definitely his weakest club

Jennifer Kupcho, freshman woman from Wake, is -1 through 14 and is T21 in the NCAA Championships on day one. Lead is at -4.

Jennifer Kupcho, freshman woman from Wake, is -1 through 14 and is T21 in the NCAA Championships on day one. Lead is at -4.

In between the regionals and NCAA finals, she won her sectional qualifying for the US Women's Open. Young lady is on quite a roll.

Thought this might be of interest to some of the golf fans here. It's a series of drone videos a couple of my buddies from the Register-Guard put together of the the course at Eugene Country Club (host of both the women's NCAA championships this weekend and the men's tournament next weekend), along with some narration from Casey Martin (U of O men's golf coach). It's a great course and I've enjoyed covering tournaments there before. I spent some time following Will Zalatoris at last summer's Pacific Coast Amateur and I will be back again next weekend, covering the Saturday/Sunday rounds of the men's tournament. I'll try to throw in a few Wake shout-outs in my coverage.

http://registerguard.com/rg/video/34379799-319/an-aerial-guide-to-eugene-country-club-host-to-the-ncaa-golf-championships.html.csp

Per the world amateur golf rankings, both Wake players are ranked higher than the competition.

Four ball is a funny game. One of the finalist teams last year had two players who were ranked outside the top 2000 in the WAGR.

Also, the WAGR is skewed heavily towards college players, so don't read too much into the rankings. Christovich and Rank are two of the best Mid Ams in the country and will give our guys fits.

Kupcho shot a 67 yesterday In the third round of the NCAA woman's finals. She is in a three way tie for second overall at -7 entering the final day of play but she is six shots back of a Duke player. Unbelievable tournament so far for the freshman.

I love four ball. It's my favorite competition format.

Same!

And I love that the USGA replaced the Publinks, which had become just another college amateur event, with this one and scheduled it to effectively eliminate most college ams from playing it it. The vast majority of the field is mid ams, with a sprinkling of some college/junior teams in it.

Same!

And I love that the USGA replaced the Publinks, which had become just another college amateur event, with this one and scheduled it to effectively eliminate most college ams from playing it it. The vast majority of the field is mid ams, with a sprinkling of some college/junior teams in it.

Yeah definitely a great move by the USGA. I didn't realize it until looking at the results but I've run into Matt Finger and Scott Shingler a few times here in the DC area. Great players, cool to see their teams made it to match play.

Back