• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

bottom 3 are all on the back 9 combined -2. We have some score protection, which can be big.

I've never seen the course but 6-9 (+1.13) played tougher than 15-18 (+1.03) on day 1, and hole 5 played way tougher than hole 14

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=stats&tid=12646&statsType=c

Would have to know what the prevailing wind does on various holes, but make no mistake, this seems like a very difficult golf course. 10 of 18 holes playing at least a quarter of a stroke over par. Without UT's scores, those numbers would have been quite a bit uglier.

Making a steady climb now with a few birdies from Young and Bae on the front. We are T7 at +11, only two back of ASU (+9) for the 5th spot. Also, CofC is +7 and Georgia Southern is +10 but one has to expect both will drop at some point. Need to stay steady on the front.

Iowa St. finally dropped off as well, dropping 6 shots in 3 holes. They have 2 players at +4 on the day now, whereas we have cover with 1 at -1, 3 at +1, and 1 at +2 (Zalatoris, who you have to think will get back a few).

Last edited:
Shoot! Cam with the dreaded double on the 7th. That hole must be a bear. Will and Paul need to pick it up, there are just plodding along, very few birdies.

Wake now 6 back from T4.

Well, I guess we will need round 3 to be our big round. running out of time. Need to stop the bleeding and pick up a couple of shots.

In typical wake fashion our three four and five are having good rounds can't get in the club house without blowing up their card and our 1 & 2 have one birdie each.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

6-9 and 15-18 are bloodbaths. We need to get to the clubhouse with as few dings as possible and wait for everyone else to screw up.

Will Z. finally makes his second birdie and now we're within 5 of CofC and 5th at the moment. Could really use a birdie on 9 by Cam to get him back to E.

ETA: Cam got his bird on 9 (nice bounce back 71 today!), but Eric Bae gives it right back with a bogey on 8. C'mon boys, finish strong! Let's go Deacs!!

Last edited:
NCSU's 5 seed playing the round of his life...need him to blow up on the late back 9 (excuse my schadenfreude if he does) to knock them back down. They've moved up 4 strokes in the last 5/6 holes. That can't continue if Wake is to creep up to where they need to be for tomorrow.

Huge birdie to finish from Young.

We are now only 3 back of 5th, and those teams all have their home stretch yet to play. ASU is leaking as well and has a tough stretch coming up. Lots can change if we can get three more players into the clubhouse unscathed.

8 over on 7. No other team is struggling on this hole like this.

7th hole is absolutely wrecking our score. It's a tough hole, but we're a combined +7 on it (no Zalatoris yet), but most of the other teams are 1 to 2-over and Okie St. is actually a combined -1 on it.

That might be the difference if Will doesn't go on a tear here down the stretch.

One more day. As long as we don't lose any more Strokes we should be right there but we got to play like a top 10 15 team tomorrow or are we leaving it up to the whims of fate

Par for Bae on 9. Detmer could take some pressure of McBride by making birdie on 9. A few birdies (or at least pars) would go a long way.

Zalatoris caps off our solid day on 7 with a bogey. Need a few birdies coming home.

So we end up eight over on a hole that the average field team would end up two over on. We didn't have one member of our tenth ranked golf team that could par it.

Jaysus!! Wichita St. playing out of their minds and just pulled into a tie with us. Gonna be tough leap-frogging so many teams tmrw if we stay around 9/10th.

We should finish 6th today at this rate. But who knows. . .

Back