• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Tennis loses to Northwestern, 4-3, in the Round of 64

Seems like we were seeded as the equivalent of an 8 seed, which seems harsh to me, but whatever. Just gotta take care of business against Northwestern a week from Friday.
It looks like they do the bracket the same as an individual tennis tournament would be. The top 16 are seeded and then all others drawn out of a hat. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what it appears to be.

They try to keep teams within driving distance if possible. The only host sites within the NCAA's definition of driving distance that we could go to were Tennessee and Georgia (can't go to Virginia or Duke because you can't play your conference in the first two rounds now).

Edit to add that Ohio State was within driving distance too and it's a damn good thing we didn't get send there. They haven't lost at home in literally 10 years.

That still doesn't explain how Clemson, who is ranked lower than us, got to go to No. 7 Tennessee while we went to No. 3 Georgia.

Last edited:
Coach Bresky won ACC CoY today.

I'm calling BS on him taking 28 hours of classes in a semester and being a top 5 player in a time consuming D1 sport.

Online courses.

Maybe they have a different way to classify "hours" than what we had at Wake.

He definitely could be Manziel'ing it though.

Watched some of the Hopkins/Prabhakar match. Both of those dudes have some POWER in their service game.

damn this match is tight. wake ties it up at 2-2 with a 3 set win at 1.

Big win for Hopkins at 1. Tied at 2.

Gonna come down to the wire it looks like.

Back