• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Montreal or Toronto

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
The wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Canada this summer. So I ATP...should we go to Montreal or Toronto?

ITC is 100% correct, but amongst those choices go with Montreal. Toronto is pretty much like any american city (though you're less likely to get shot).

Wife and I went to Montreal last October and had a wonderful time, if you decide I can give you plenty of restaurant recs.

and Skins wherever you go in Canada look into Porter Airlines out of Dulles. they have a nonstop to Toronto, but it's the Billy Bishop Airport which is on an island right in downtown. The flights are cheap (it was like $200 r/t for us to Montreal), and they have free booze. one of the best airlines I've flown.

Women's world cup will be in Canada from June 6th-July 5th so be aware. Montreal and Vancouver are both host cities so you could see inflated travel prices during those dates.

Montreal's cooler of the two choices, but ITC is right about Quebec City.

Montreal. Head north (little over an hour drive) to Mont-Tremblant for a couple nights as well.

and Skins wherever you go in Canada look into Porter Airlines out of Dulles. they have a nonstop to Toronto, but it's the Billy Bishop Airport which is on an island right in downtown. The flights are cheap (it was like $200 r/t for us to Montreal), and they have free booze. one of the best airlines I've flown.

This 100%.

Been to Tronno a couple times to visit friends. Liked it, real nice and kinda funky big city - nice place to live, except for the cold. But I wouldn't call it interesting architecturally. I haven't been to Vancouver, but a couple of friends said the same about Vancouver. I've heard Montreal and Quebec are prettier from an aesthetic perspective. Been to Halifax and stayed a few days on the East Coast of Nova Scotia - absolutely ruggedly beautiful. And Halifax is quaint. The few folks I know who have been to Vancouver all said Victoria was way prettier.

Halifax would not be a good choice. All the good viewing is outside the city in the countryside.

Yeah, a night or two in Halifax then roam the coast.

You know who's from Halifax? Sarah McLachlan.

You know who's from Vancouver? Pamela Anderson.

Back