• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most of the names on the list are now available

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Most of the coaches that are on most people lists are no longer involved in the Dance. The exceptions being Miller and Marshall. The time is now Ron. Lets get it done. There are just going to be more openings and more competition. Delay is bad. Time for action

Something just scrolled along the bottom of ESPN about Howland and Marquette. Did anyone catch what it said?

Sorry for the unrelated question, but what does the fact that the envelope to the left of the threat title on the main page is gray mean? I couldn't decipher it from the legend below. All the other envelopes are old gold.

I just don't understand RW problem. VT knew who they wanted and went to him and found out what it would take and paid him. Is the problem that RW doesn't really know who he wants or that he doesn't want to meet the demands of the person he wants? He is going to pussy foot around until we get another BZZZ.

Obviously the talks are going on. You don't do it in public.

I just don't understand RW problem. VT knew who they wanted and went to him and found out what it would take and paid him. Is the problem that RW doesn't really know who he wants or that he doesn't want to meet the demands of the person he wants? He is going to pussy foot around until we get another BZZZ.

Remember he's looking for class and culture.

One thing to remember, the class and culture thing started after [Redacted] lost a bunch of games. Wellman truly thought he was bringing in a good coach who would win. When it didn't happen, the narrative changed to support his hire.

While that whole culture thing is annoying, I believe (possibly misguided) that Wellman is not going to emphasize the "culture club" aspect. If the insiders are correct, Ron's interest in Howland pretty much disproves the "must be a complete saint and a yes man" criteria.

Too many threads to sort through...am I up to speed??

1) ACCSports.com reported Wake's interest in Shaka - no developments since
2) Ron has been galavanting around to watch Amaker. Hatch is probably the one pushing Tommy because the thought of "Harvard" makes his willie flinch
3) Howland expressed interest in coming to Wake so Wellman immediately crossed him off the list. Howland likely to Marquette
4) Looks like we are going to end up with Amaker. If that falls through we will have missed on Shaka/Howland and hire Bz 2.0

We are the most desirable job on the market. We have a guy with 3 consecutive final 4's on his resume who has openly expressed interest. The hottest name in CBB already out of the tournament and approachable. Not to mention a slew of up and coming coaches ripe and ready. How is a guy who failed at the highest level our top target? I hope this is not exactly accurate but it's what I've gathered. Is my summary correct? Thanks

2) Ron has been galavanting around to watch Amaker. Hatch is probably the one pushing Tommy because the thought of "Harvard" makes his willie flinch
3) Howland expressed interest in coming to Wake so Wellman immediately crossed him off the list. Howland likely to Marquette
4) Looks like we are going to end up with Amaker. If that falls through we will have missed on Shaka/Howland and hire Bz 2.0

We are the most desirable job on the market. We have a guy with 3 consecutive final 4's on his resume who has openly expressed interest. The hottest name in CBB already out of the tournament and approachable. Not to mention a slew of up and coming coaches ripe and ready. How is a guy who failed at the highest level our top target? I hope this is not exactly accurate but it's what I've gathered. Is my summary correct? Thanks

You got it. Amaker will be a disappointing hire.

Jumped to a few conclusions to arrive at Amaker being top target. He may be most likely, but it's a stretch to say he's at the top of the list.

My fear is Howland to Marquette, Amaker to BC, Smart stays at VCU, and we end up with someone from the Miller / other group. Now, had you told me a month ago that we'd end up with Archie Miller, I would've been fine with that, but honestly the Buzz Williams hire really changes everything for Wake basketball IMHO.

My fear is Howland to Marquette, Amaker to BC, Smart stays at VCU, and we end up with someone from the Miller / other group. Now, had you told me a month ago that we'd end up with Archie Miller, I would've been fine with that, but honestly the Buzz Williams hire really changes everything for Wake basketball IMHO.

Miller only one in that group currently busy...

I know he's a gamble but short of Shaka or Marshall I think I'd rather take a chance on him.

It will be amazing how many more people want Miller after he takes Dayton to the Elite Eight.

Back