• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most of the names on the list are now available

Did we ever establish for certain that Wellman was actually at Amaker's game and not Archie's? Thought there was some ambiguity from Seth Davis's tweet as to what game he was actually at.

If Smart and Howland are off the list, Masiello should be the next target. He's going to get a lot of attention from bigger programs.

My fear is Howland to Marquette, Amaker to BC, Smart stays at VCU, and we end up with someone from the Miller / other group. Now, had you told me a month ago that we'd end up with Archie Miller, I would've been fine with that, but honestly the Buzz Williams hire really changes everything for Wake basketball IMHO.

Let Howland go wherever he wants. He's a LOWF hire. But you'd like that.

Let Howland go wherever he wants. He's a LOWF hire. But you'd like that.

What on Earth are you even saying.

I want Wake to hire Smart, Marshall, and Wright, in that order. But that doesn't mean that's what I predict is going to happen. You see, there's a difference between what you want to happen and what you think will happen. The former reflects one's personal desires, preferences and ambitions; the latter reflects the facts and circumstances as they are, not what I'd like them to be.

I'm not in charge of our coaching search, and (surprise!) neither are you. That you and I want Shaka Smart to be our next head coach and that Wake should pay $2.5+ / year to hire him is completely irrelevant, and does not at all inform whether (i) Wake has that kind of money; (ii) Wake would be willing to pay that kind of money even if it's available; and (iii) Smart would even take that money were we to offer it to him.

So please, just stop.

I'm putting the vibe out there...Hoopla for coach!
You show me the cash, and I'll deliver the flash 'n Splash.
I can't and will not be silenced!!!!

Remember when the talk was that Wellman had fired [Redacted] several weeks ago and had already started the search?

Thanks.

I would bet on Miller given Dayton is in Ohio. He meets 97% of the criteria

Shaka was out on the west coast for the tournament and won't be back east until Monday. There hasn't been an outright refusal. Wellmann conducts most of his negotiations quietly and out of the press. As long as things stay quiet, I think there is still some good possibility Shaka will listen to Wellman next week.

As mentioned above, Howland is trying to get a bidding war going for his services. Good for him. looking out for number 1. If Marquette wants him that badly, and he wants to go there, good for him. With the whole administration in flux issues there, not sure I would really want to coach there. But, Howland wants to coach somewhere again this year.

Shaka was out on the west coast for the tournament and won't be back east until Monday. There hasn't been an outright refusal. Wellmann conducts most of his negotiations quietly and out of the press. As long as things stay quiet, I think there is still some good possibility Shaka will listen to Wellman next week.

As mentioned above, Howland is trying to get a bidding war going for his services. Good for him. looking out for number 1. If Marquette wants him that badly, and he wants to go there, good for him. With the whole administration in flux issues there, not sure I would really want to coach there. But, Howland wants to coach somewhere again this year.

#Sources?

I've not heard any source saying we've even reached out. I mean there was that one blog post saying he was our #1 but it wasn't really confirmed.

Back